How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask General Jay Your Own Question
General Jay
General Jay, Problem Solver
Category: General
Satisfied Customers: 1053
Experience:  General contractor, project manager, excellent problem solving skills, retired professional athlete.
Type Your Question Here...
General Jay is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I think I might have inadvertently bent my passport too much.

Resolved Question:

I think I might have inadvertently bent my passport too much. (However, I'm not entirely sure.) Is there a place I can test it to see if it works properly?
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: General
Expert:  General Jay replied 7 years ago.

Thank you for using Just Answer!


You can try and go to your local passport governing body and see if they are able to scan the barcode effectively. If you feel that the passport is damaged or it does not work when being scanned, then you will need to fill out the attached forms to apply for a replacement passport.


Scroll down to the DS-11 and DS-64 forms.



Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Where would that be? I live in Seattle. Would you know?
Expert:  General Jay replied 7 years ago.

Attached is a link to the directory of Seattle passport services. Review each of the locations and find which is the closest to where you live.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I'm slightly confused. Would those places be able to scan the bar code of my passport?
Expert:  General Jay replied 7 years ago.
I would call the contact numbers for the passport servicing center and ask if they would be able to scan the barcode. If not, they will be able to direct you as to who to contact or apply for the replacement passport.
General Jay and 46 other General Specialists are ready to help you