General

Ask Experts & Get Answers to Your Questions - ASAP

General

I am 64 years old and will be 65 this November. Although

I am 64 years old...
I am 64 years old and will be 65 this November.
Although I have vast business experience, I don't have a clue on how to handle the retirement process.
I am elegible for pensions this year and qualify for Social Security full benefits next year, but other than that, I'm clueless. Is there a checklist I can follow to take me through the retirement process?
I am an AARP member, but all they want to do is sell me stuff-I don't have a clue re: Medicare/aid, plan B insurance etc.
HELP!!
8/4/2010
Anna
Anna, Teacher, writer, biologist

There are many such checklists available. If you belong to a labor organization or professional group, there may eb specific lists for your group. the same is true if you're a state government employee. If any of those apply to you, let me know and I may eb able to find a specific checklist for you. Otherwise, this link will take you to a very comprehensive list:

Checklist

This site has a guide to understanding Medicare. Just choose the specific topic you want to learn more about from the top of the page.

http://www.kff.org/medicare/7067/index.cfm

If you have considerable financial assets, it would probably be best to consult a financial planner. Most states have volunteers who will help people make sense of Medicare. If you'll give me your state, I can check on that for you. Just click on REPLY for more information, or if you have more questions.

Anna
Anna
Anna, Teacher, writer, biologist
Anna
Anna
Anna, Teacher, writer, biologist