General

Ask Experts & get answers to your questions - ASAP

I WAS BORN IN MANCHESTER 5/11/66 MY BIRTH MOTHER WAS EILEEN…

Customer Question
I WAS BORN IN MANCHESTER...
I WAS BORN IN MANCHESTER 5/11/66 MY BIRTH MOTHER WAS EILEEN DOWLING BORN IN IRELAND ON 20/1/48 HOW DO I TRACE HER HELP! she was born in ireland, and had 6 sisters and 3 brothers, she was 18 when i was born, her mother knew and told her put me up for adoption, she stayed with an aunt in manchester and went to a mother and child home for a few months after i was born. my birth certificate from the uk tracey elizabeth dowling
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: General
Answered in 1 day by:
6/30/2010
Expert: Anna, Teacher, writer, biologist replied 8 years ago
Anna
Anna, Teacher, writer, biologist

I'm sorry to see that no one has responded to your question earlier. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online and saw your question. Unfortunately, what you're trying to do may prove very difficult. However, there are organizations that exist to help people in your situation. I suggest that you go to their sites and read about ways to trace your birth mother. She may even be registered with one of these organizations. Of course, you should also be aware that she may not want contact with you, and be ready for that disappointment. Here are some good organizations to start with:

Ireland:

http://www.citizensinformation.ie/categories/birth-family-relationships/adoption-and-fostering/tracing_your_birth_family

UK:

http://www.adoptionsearchreunion.org.uk/default.htm

http://www.ukbirth-adoptionregister.com/?gclid=CKayiMvnxqICFRcMDQod6TsV6A

http://www.thesite.org/sexandrelationships/familyandfriends/family/tracingyourparents

This last bit of information is just a long shot, and you may have already checked it out, but I'm including it just in case. There is an Eileen Dowling who is Contracts Manager at Fitzpatrick Construction:

http://ie.linkedin.com/pub/eileen-dowling/11/45a/82b

If this isn't the sort of information you wanted, or if you have more questions, please let me know by clicking on REPLY. I do hope some of this will be useful, and that you'll be able to trace your birth mother.

Anna