General

Ask Experts & get answers to your questions - ASAP

What are the main competitors of Shiseido and its subsidary…

Customer Question
What are the main competitors...
What are the main competitors of Shiseido and its subsidary brands (Beaute Prestige International (BPI), Cle de Peau Beaute (CPB), Ettusais (ETS), IPSA)? If possible, please list them in terms of Japanese Brands, European Brands etc. Thanks!
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: General
Answered in 1 day by:
6/29/2010
Expert: John Henderson, Consultant replied 8 years ago
John Henderson
John Henderson, Consultant

DearCustomer..

This kind of research takes time. Please tell me how you will use the information - this is important so I know in what form to issue the report, also do you have a deadline?

After you respond, give me a few days to reply.

I look forward to helping you...

XXXXX XXXXX

Hi John,

I am a student and I am conducting an assignment on customer service for the cosmetics industry. I have picked Shiseido and the other 4 brands (Shiseido subsidaries) as my main focus and I am looking to do some competitor analysis so that I could have information of how Shiseido and its subsidaries rank in terms of customer services in the industry.I'll be doing a series of "mystery shopper" visits on all the relavant brands, but as I do not know much about cosmetics myself, I am afraid that I might pick the wrong brands as competitors. So it'll be greatly appreciated if you could help out.

Just giving you some additional information, I am doing this analysis based on the market in Hong Kong. I pretty much need to perform mystery shopping this week so it'll be greatly appreciated if you could get back to me asap. =)

Cheers

Here is an article that explains Shiseido's marketing concepts and lists is main local and foreign competitors:

http://www.wiley.com/college/mar/kotabe372897/pdf/case05.pdf

Please be mindful of the copyright laws and be certain to give proper credit to the sources.

Hope this helps...

XXXXX XXXXX