How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tyler Your Own Question
Tyler, Professional Researcher & Musician
Category: General
Satisfied Customers: 6090
Experience:  B.M & M.M.. Skilled at in-depth research. Former police officer.
Type Your Question Here...
Tyler is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I give a check to the dealership to hold until I paid the down

Resolved Question:

I give a check to the dealership to hold until I paid the down payment in full. I completed the paperwork and I was allowed to drive the vehicle off the car lot. I received a call stating i need to return the car to the dealership. I been driving the car since 6/02/2010. I was inform the a repo will go on my credit report if i refuse to pay. my first payment is schedule for 07/01/2010
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: General
Expert:  Tyler replied 7 years ago.
Hi, what is your question exactly?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
What would be the wise thing for me to do? return the car or do i have any other options? I'm in the state of Texas.

Expert:  Tyler replied 7 years ago.
Apparently your financing didn't go through is what it sounds like. Sometimes dealerships will let you take the car if they think they will be able to get you financed. They can take weeks to work on getting you financed. If they can't, they can demand return of the vehicle. Of course, your down payment would be repaid. You will see all of this in the fine print of your contract. If you can't get financing, then you can't pay for the vehicle. That means they can take it back. You can see if you can secure financing options on your own, but you would have to work it all out with the dealership. Until then, you will need to return the vehicle.

My information comes from personal experience. If you need a legal opinion, please let me know and I will transfer this to the appropriate category.

Please let me know if I can help you further by pressing REPLY. If this answer is what you were looking for and has been helpful to you, please click ACCEPT. Leaving me positive feedback at the end of our communication is really beneficial to me. If you have any reason to leave less than positive feedback, please reply to me so I can help you until you are satisfied. Thanks again for coming to Just Answer and have a great day!

Tyler and 31 other General Specialists are ready to help you