General

Ask Experts & get answers to your questions - ASAP

Not sure if you can help me. I am travelling to Nice in France…

Customer Question
Not sure if you can...
Not sure if you can help me. I am travelling to Nice in France and want to know if there is a train that runs during the day from Nice to Barcelona? If so how many times a day does it run? I have tried ringing numerous phone numbers for Rail Europe and Eurail but nobody can halp me.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: General
6/21/2010
Expert: Anna, Teacher, writer, biologist replied 8 years ago
Anna
Anna, Teacher, writer, biologist

There is a train that departs Nice at 9:55 a.m., and arrives in Barcelona at 7:59 p.m. There is one connecting train in between. You can see the details, check fares, and buy tickets here:

Nice to Barcelona

Here is a link to the Rail Europe main page, which may also be useful to you:

www.RailEurope.com/Official

If you need anything else, just let me know by clicking on REPLY. I hope your travels go well.

Anna
Thanks does this train run every day? I need a train for the 19 August? When I do the search in your attached Nice to Barcelona link nothing comes up? Would I need to book this train? Can I book it through my travel agent in Australia? I was told I cannot book Spain tickets outside of Europe? This is a bit pathetic when their is only 1 train a day and I have connecting flights and accommoation I want to be assured I can get on the train?
It appears that the train runs every day, but the information there doesn't seem to be complete. Try this link, and click on "I have an itinerary."

http://www.raileurope.com/rail-tickets-passes/

It will take you to a page where you can fill in the two cities, the date (you'll have to click on the little calendar icon next to today's date to change it to August), and number of passengers to get the fare and schedule information. You should also be able to reserve tickets there. As for booking through your travel agent, the agent would know the most about this, so I suggest just asking him/her about that aspect.

Again, if you need anything else, let me know.

Anna

Edited by Anna on 6/22/2010 at 2:17 AM EST