General

Ask Experts & get answers to your questions - ASAP

How to remove rust spots off plastic

Customer Question
How to remove rust spots off plastic
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: General
6/19/2010
Expert: Northwest Andrew, Expert replied 8 years ago
Northwest Andrew

You need to use vinegar which will help break up the rust stain. Soak the item in vinegar if possible (it won't hurt the plastic). If this is NOT possible then place a heavy vinegar soaked rag, sponge, or cotton balls over the stain for up to an hour or so (apply more vinegar if it starts to dry out) and then scrub the stain off. You might want to wear gloves when doing this as vinegar can be very harsh on the skin. Finish by rinsing the surface with clean water.

I appreciate the opportunity to serve you. If you have found this information helpful then please click the "accept" button. Consider leaving feedback as well to insure our experts are providing quality information to our customers.