TaxTom
TaxTom, Internet Researcher
Experience:  Years of experience of finding questions for employeers, family and friends.
21049508
Type Your Question Here...

I have a whole bunch of packages of food, clothing, and furniture

I have a whole bunch of packages of food, clothing, and furniture that I would like to ship to another country, and I have no clue how to get started. Can I get an idea and if possible the process?
Category: General
Expert:  TaxTom replied 7 years ago.
Hello, Where are located and where would you like to ship to? Thanks Tom
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I am in New Jersey and I would like to ship it to a sibling in Haiti.
Expert:  TaxTom replied 7 years ago.

Hello, Here is a container ship company that ships from New Jersey to Haiti.

http://www.crowley.com/liner-shipping-services/services-pev-to-dr.asp

Contact information:

James Galvin
Senior Account ExecutiveXXXXXbr />Little Silver, New Jersey 07739
Office(NNN) NNN-NNNNbr />Mobile(NNN) NNN-NNNN
[email protected]

Keep in mind that in most cases the only items of food that you could ship would be canned goods. You are paying by the space that you occupy so its not practical to send upholstered furniture and mattresses. Wood furniture and clothing and such are usually ok. So if possible if you can estimate the area that your goods occupied before calling it would save time. When estimating imagine you are putting all of the items in a large box so you would usually measure the longest item to get length and add few inches as a starting point. You would pack items in the furniture to save on room. weight is usually not important unless you are shipping books or tools. Good luck and Thank You Tom