How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Cher Your Own Question
Cher, Educator-40+ yrs
Category: General
Satisfied Customers: 21387
Experience:  M.A., B.A., Author, Information & Research Specialist
Type Your Question Here...
Cher is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My back yard has become infested with the red-eyed tree frog.

Resolved Question:

My back yard has become infested with the red-eyed tree frog. They are a protected species in my State. They are extremely loud, and desturbing. Any suggestions as to how to make them go away???
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: General
Expert:  Cher replied 7 years ago.
Hello, and thanks for your question and your patience. I see that you posted last night.

I think your first step should be to find out where they are breeding (water source) and try to block their access to your property with a fence or other structure (between your backyard and the water source) that will deter them from entering. Also, treating your property for insects would be advantageous, since these frogs subsist on eating insects. If you remove their food, they will seek other accomodations.

As a last resort, you can contact someone from your city's Animal Control and/or Wildlife department, and ask them to remove the frogs from your property, then release them in a safe area for protected species.

I wish you much good luck in resolving this problem!

I hope you have found this answer helpful; if so, please click 'Accept' and leave positive feedback. If you need additional information, please click 'Reply'. Thanks for the opportunity to be of help.

Best wishes,

Edited by Cher on 5/24/2010 at 6:56 PM EST
Cher and 40 other General Specialists are ready to help you