Lori
Lori, Research Analyst
Experience:  General Information and Online Research
260309
Type Your Question Here...

I do not have an account with yahoo, but my daughter does.

I do not have an account with yahoo, but my daughter does. Last night she was not even on her computer she was on the phone when she got a message that said your password XXXXX been changed, then another one that said she was linked to another account, then still another one that said it had been deleted. Please advise what to do. Many Thanks Mary XXXXX XXXXXnd [email protected]
Category: General
Expert:  Lori replied 7 years ago.

Hi Mary Ann --

Your daughter needs to go in and reset her password XXXXX I believe this link will work: https://edit.yahoo.com/forgot?intl=us&partner. On this link there is a selection on what to do if you think your account may have been compromised. I would use that tool most definitely.

Once she does that, she needs to visit this link (http://security.yahoo.com/) to lean how to prevent this from happening in the future.

If her account truly has been deleted, she needs to contact yahoo directly through their help menu to get it restored or recreated. Finding out who changed her password XXXXX be difficult, but she can work with them to see if they can help.

Please let me know if I can help further.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

I Lori,

Thank you for your answer, we do know who did this because it said in the second email your account is now linked to Living in Peace. So I think that would be the person who was doing the hacking. This person is a lady that my daughter was working for and she has a program we found out that if you log on to your account on her computer, she as admin she can get your passwords.

Expert:  Lori replied 7 years ago.

Wow! I would definitely get with Yahoo and have this person investigated. If you need help with locating an email address for customer service at yahoo, let me know....usually they are under the Help screens, but it can take a little bit of looking around to get to them.