How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Munayco Law Your Own Question
Munayco Law
Munayco Law, Internet Researcher
Category: General
Satisfied Customers: 20012
Experience:  Legal Consultant
Type Your Question Here...
Munayco Law is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

How does a person find a deceased family member. This person

Resolved Question:

How does a person find a deceased family member. This person (deceased) left in 1954 and never returned or never was heard of again. He was born in 1870. I am trying to help my Grandmother's first cousin (who is 90) find out where her father ever disappeared to. She has his birth date, SS number, date he left and full name. This is something that she would like to find the answer to before she passes.

Thanks for any help I can get.
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: General
Expert:  Munayco Law replied 7 years ago.
This is impossible to do without hiring some private detective to assist her. She would need to literally search all state death records for answer unless she knew the locations where he may have lived or has information on how to contact his friends or his other family. There is no free service for her to do this and it will take time and money if he left in 1954. She may want to try to pull up his credit report if he is now dead to see if there are any leads.

Please click accept, it is greatly appreciated. To request me for future questions, please begin your question with “Attention lawNinvest” Thank you.


Please Note: My answer or reply is limited to your facts presented and additional information you post may not come in after my reply or answer has posted, if this has occurred please let me know and I will answer further. Due to site tech reasons, oftentimes I am initially only able to see the first part of your post, so this may result in more interactions between us. There might also be a delay in my reply or answers, as I may be helping other customers, or called away from my office or have logged off. Please be assured your question(s) will be answered promptly.

If I have been helpful, please click Accept for my time and research, this is the only way I get paid. If you need more help or clarification, please click reply. Positive Feedback is greatly appreciated and reciprocated. Feedback should relate to customer service and not about the law, which I have no control over. You can always request me through my profile here or beginning your question with “Attention lawNinvest” Thank you.

Legal Disclaimer. The information given by me is not legal advice. I am not establishing an attorney-client relationship with you. I am providing only research, resources and information only for you to be informed and educated about your particular needs and my answer is limited to the facts presented. You are only paying me for such information given. No part of this disclaimer can be copied or reproduced without the express consent of the owner [lawNinvest]. Thank you.

Munayco Law and 34 other General Specialists are ready to help you