How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Lori Your Own Question
Lori, Research Analyst
Category: General
Satisfied Customers: 4131
Experience:  General Information and Online Research
Type Your Question Here...
Lori is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I would like to know if Richard Anderson who is pastoring a

Customer Question

I would like to know if XXXXX XXXXX who is pastoring a church on Long Island New York called "Holding Out Hope Church". He states he was "ordained by God" but has no bible college or have taken any rerequisite courses to become an ordained pastor. Is he a credited ordained minister that he could officially use the title "pastor"? He does not consider himself a reverand. The address of the church is: 660 Middle Country Rd Middle Island, Long Island, NY. He also states that he is state certified and IRS certified and they have no listing of this Holding Out Hope Church as a corporation or is he listed with the IRS. When he sent his donation receipt for the year of 2009 he refused to put his a Federal Tax ID #, which I identifies that he is certified with the IRS?? as other churches have. Please answer these questions for me?
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: General
Expert:  Lori replied 7 years ago.

Unfortunately (or not, depending on your point of view), if you have a few dollars and an internet connection, you can become an ordained minister.


( is just one of the many websites that will ordain online. As far as being registered with the IRS, he could file under his social security number. If you are wanting to do a tax deduction for donations you made, you may not need the id number depending on the amount. I would consult with your tax accountant to verify.


Please let me know if I can help further.

Lori and 27 other General Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
They said he inquired with a lawyer and he does not have to have the Federal Tax # XXXXX the donation receipt. IRS and my accountant both said it should be on the donation receipt, but he refuses to give it. Now what do I do?
Expert:  Lori replied 7 years ago.
I would have your accountant give you a copy of the publication that the IRS has put out stating that the tax id is required for the type of donation you made; and let him know that you will report him to the IRS if he doesn't comply.

Related General Questions