Tyler
Tyler, Professional Researcher & Musician
Experience:  B.M & M.M.. Skilled at in-depth research. Former police officer.
21042015
Type Your Question Here...

My neighbor continues to plow snow from his driveway onto my

My neighbor continues to plow snow from his driveway onto my property even after I asked them to stop. I can continue to call him and ask him to stop but he won't. I'm divorced and live alone so I think he can do what ever he wants because there is no man around to confront him. What can I do to make him stop?
Category: General
Expert:  Tyler replied 7 years ago.

Sounds like you have an unfortunate situtation here. There are a couple things you could do. The first is to ask a male friend or family member to go ask him in a more direct way if you think that is the motivation he needs. A second option is to call the police and find out if there are any criminal laws that prevent him from doing that. A number of possible charges (depending on where you live) include criminal mischeif or destruction, trespassing (if he actually enters your property), illegal dumping and others. There may also be city or county ordinances where you live that specifically prevent your neighbor from doing this. Taking this one step further, if your neighbors actions and disregard for your wishes amount to a threat of violence in any way, that could be dealt with as well. I know it sounds silly to call the police over snow on your property, but a lot of what they do is deal with general disturbances like this (I did a lot of that kind of thing when I was a cop). Worst case scenario is there is no law to prevent your neighbor from doing this, but a stern talking to and promise to return by an officer might be all it takes to get him in line. Good luck in your situation and let me know if I can help further!