How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Cher Your Own Question
Cher, Educator-40+ yrs
Category: General
Satisfied Customers: 21416
Experience:  M.A., B.A., Author, Information & Research Specialist
Type Your Question Here...
Cher is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

how can i check a marriage taken place in vitibsk belarus if

Resolved Question:

how can i check a marriage taken place in vitibsk belarus if valid or not?
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: General
Expert:  Cher replied 7 years ago.

Are you looking for records of a recent marriage or one from a long time ago?

My research is showing many references for Jewish marriage record sites; is this what you are seeking?

Thanks for all your additional detail.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

hello once again ,

i am surching to find out if my wife has invalid our marriage since at presant we live in differint countries.she was ill for some years and was living with her mum ,i tried my best for her needs,but had problems with her mum. i am afraid that her mum while see was ill mayby applied for a divorce for her because i regestered our marraige at my wife mum home can i c heck on line if such thing has occared.



Thank you


Expert:  Cher replied 7 years ago.
Hello again, Manuel, and thanks for your reply with additional and helpful information.

It won't be easy to find this information online, but I can direct you to some websites where you can look up marriage and divorce records. However, there is a fee for these searches:

This site includes both USA and other country searches. Belarus is on the list. I don't know how accurate this site is.

I think you would get the best results by contacting your Belarus Consulate or Embassy, in the country where you're living now, and ask them to search marriage/divorce records for you, to find if a divorce has been filed by your wife. If you tell me where you are located, I can help locate contact information for the nearest Belarus Consulate/Embassy. Here are a few:

I hope this information helped you, and please let me know if you need further assistance. If you found my answer helpful, please click ACCEPT; for more information, please click Reply. Thank you.


Edited by Cher on 12/26/2009 at 8:12 PM EST
Cher and 58 other General Specialists are ready to help you