How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Martin Your Own Question
Martin, Engineer
Category: General
Satisfied Customers: 4931
Experience:  i'm 41 and i never stopped studying and experimenting
Type Your Question Here...
Martin is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I believe I have just been scammed for $1800.00 USD. The money

Resolved Question:

I believe I have just been scammed for $1800.00 USD. The money was sent to Nigeria. The person I have been dealing with calls herself "Juan Edet" and claims she works for the CBN located in Nigeria. Her receiver was Martins Umana from Lagos, Nigeria. Her email address [email protected]

I know this was a stupid act, but is there a way to track her down. Her email address has a real address and a real name attached to it. Also are there bank regulators and/or authorities that can track her down? Needless to say I am not happy with myself for being drawn in.

My email address [email protected] and my name isXXXXX (Ph. XXX-XXX-XXXX)
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: General
Expert:  Martin replied 7 years ago.
HelloCustomer welcome to Just Answer.

First, don't let personal email or your name like you did here, see the internet as an hostile place. The JustAnswer company is reliable but the data you post here can be seen in public (the Just Answer filter blocked them this time but it will not always work and most place don't have filter at all).

That said i will now refer you to an interpol document on the matter of Nigerian scam LINK. Please DO NOT send anymore money there even if it's made to look like you could finally get it all back, it will always be worst.

If they got special information from you, try to advise the credit card company.

So, for now contact your local police.
Martin and 51 other General Specialists are ready to help you