Teacher Editor
Teacher Editor, Teacher
Experience:  I am a good researcher
19568076
Type Your Question Here...

How can I find out if the work-at-home upportunity I signed

Customer Question

How can I find out if the work-at-home upportunity I signed up for is legitimate?
Category: General
Expert:  Teacher Editor replied 7 years ago.
You can contact the US Department of State, which issues passports. 1-877-487-2778

I'm sorry for the previous answer, it was meant to a different question.

To check the legitimacy of the opportunity, there are several ways. You can go to their web site and check whether they have a Terms and Conditions or a privacy statement, and also a phone number. Then enter this number into a Google search and see if any scam information comes up. Also, put the name of the company into a Google Search and see if any scam information comes up.

Then, you can also check to see if the company is registered with the Secretary of State in your state or with the BBB at www.bbb.org. If they are, you know that they are probably legitimate, but if you cannot find them anywhere or find negative information, then you know that they are not legitimate and that they are probably a scam.

Also, if the company asks you to deposit any of their funds into your personal bank account or to open a bank account for them, it is probably not legitimate.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Hi Linda,

How much would you charge me if I gave you all the information and asked you to find all this out for me?

Please accept this answer and post another question with the specifics of the company in the amount of $40 under the "Jobs" section. Please select me as the expert and I will be more than happy to answer it for you.
Thank you for the accept. Please leave positive feedback.