Cher
Cher, Educator-40+ yrs
Experience:  M.A., B.A., Author, Information & Research Specialist
1470369
Type Your Question Here...

My Cell Phone Locked Accidentally And I Do Not Have An Unlock

My Cell Phone Locked Accidentally And I Do Not Have An Unlock Code. I Can't Make my phone work (can't call out, get messages). How can I get it unlocked???

What kind of phone do you have? (brand, model)

Thanks,
Cher
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
verizon wireless. it doesn't say anything but verison wireless LG. It is a cheap flip phone with a lithium ion battery. i took out the battery and it says LG Electronics, made in Korea, model vx5200

If you never 'set' an unlock code for your phone, the default code is usually "0000", or the last four digits of the cell phone number. To be able to enter the code try these steps:
  1. Try to dial any telephone number, and you will then get the message your Phone is locked. Press "Unlock."

2. Once you press "Unlock," you will be asked to enter the lock code or your PIN number. This is when you enter "0000", or the last four digits of the cell phone number
  3. After you enter the code press "OK." Your phone should now be unlocked.

Please let me know if you need further assistance.
Cher