General

Ask Experts & Get Answers to Your Questions - ASAP

General

I have a Limoges dinner/teaset bought in 1984.It says on the

item L'Oeillet Rose Vanniere".I have...
I have a Limoges dinner/teaset bought in 1984.It says on the item L'Oeillet Rose Vanniere".I have tried for days to find something similar as it has got broke and the insurance company need to see something like it.I paid £690 in 1984,could someone please help me. Thank You Ingrid
Answered in 1 hour by:
11/12/2009
Cher
Cher, Educator-40+ yrs
Hi Ingrid,

Was the 'pattern' of the Limoges set, called "L'Oeillet Rose Vanniere"?

Can you describe what it looks like, for example, pink carnations, blue flowers, etc.?

How many pieces originally came in the set? Do any remain?

Was it a tea set or dinner set?

Was it for table use, a child's 'miniature' tea set, and/or for display, only?

Do you remember where you originally bought it?

Thanks for all your additional detail.

Cher

Edited by Cher on 11/12/2009 at 11:05 PM EST

Hi there thanks for the response

The set is dinner & tea set. It contains

• cups, saucers
  • milk jugs
  • sugar bolw with lid
  • serving dishes
  • 2 covered casserole dishes
  • large platter
  • soup bowls which are attached to the bottom plate
  • small single soup dishes with two handles at each side
  • i have nine plates left,therefore it must have been part of a twelve place, im not sure. When i was checking it out i think it is the white Vanniere which is like woven basket imbossed and the only other colour on it is dusky pink with what looks llike pink carnations. It is an adults dinner set. I bought it from a Jewellery whole saler who was a Cutler and has now closed. Hope this helps. Would you like me to send a photo?

Thanks Ingrid

Hi again Ingrid, and you're most welcome.

Thanks very much for your detailed description of your Limoges set, the pieces it contains, and a description of the pattern. I will continue to research this for you and let you know what I find. A photo would be helpful, and to upload it, click on the 'tree' icon to the left of the 'You Tube' symbol in the toolbar at the top of the answer box.

Thanks,
Cher
Hi again, Ingrid.

I'm so sorry, but I have researched this for over a day, and I cannot seem to find the pattern of the set you have, which sounds absolutely beautiful. I have found pink carnations with green stems and pink roses on other pieces, but not many 'sets' and no 'vanniere' pattern only with pink carnations, as you describe. The French name does mean 'pink carnations', by the way.

However, I have found this book which is a Price Guide for Limoges, which may be of help. You might look for it, or something similar, in your local booksellers or library in your area of the UK:

http://www.pronto.com/mpm/compare/antique-trader-limoges-price-guide-10204504456

I also found this seller of Limoges in the UK, on eBay, and perhaps you can ring them to see if they are familiar with this pattern/set, and the value:
http://stores.shop.ebay.co.uk/COLLINGWOOD-FINE-CHINA__W0QQ_armrsZ1

CALL MONDAY TO FRIDAY DURING OFFICE HOURS ON 0118(NNN) NNN-NNNNbr />
I hope you find this information helpful, and wish you the best of luck!

Cher

Edited by Cher on 11/14/2009 at 6:07 AM EST
Hi there thanks for your help.WOULD YOU PLEASE SEND ME A PHOTO OF WHAT YOU HAVE FOUND WITH A PRICE,AS THIS WOULD HELP THE INSURANCE. thanks jngrid
Hi again, and you're most welcome.

I'll work on locating that and send it to you as soon as possible.

Thanks for your patience.

Cher
Thank you so much i would really appreciate that. INGRID
Hi again, Ingrid.

Please click here to see this set on eBay. I tried to research eBay U.S. AND U.K., but U.S. sites had more. It's selling for $675. I think you could just about double that to convert to British pounds.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Antique-Theodore-Haviland-Limoges-Pink-Spray-55-pcs-Set_W0QQitemZ130344618757QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item1e59250b05

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?VISuperSize&item=130344618757

This is just one serving platter with pink carnations selling for $124.95:

http://cgi.ebay.com/CHARLES-FIELD-HAVILAND-LIMOGES-PINK-CARNATION-Pattern_W0QQitemZ150235392244QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item22faba28f4

http://cgi.ebay.com/CHARLES-FIELD-HAVILAND-LIMOGES-PINK-CARNATION-Pattern_W0QQitemZ150237331994QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item22fad7c21a

(from eBay U.K.)
Here is an example of a floral meat tray by Limoges, selling for 29.99 pounds:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?VISuperSize&item=260397589779 (enlarged picture)

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/LIMOGES-FLORAL-50-5cm-MEAT-TRAY_W0QQitemZ260397589779QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_PotteryPorcelain_Glass_PotteryPorcelain_China_SM?hash=item3ca0e7e513

This is an entire (32 piece) set selling for 750 pounds, with a different pattern:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/SIGNED-FRENCH-LIMOGES-DINNER-SERVICE-COFFEE-SET-CHINA_W0QQitemZ390118453648QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_PotteryPorcelain_Glass_PotteryPorcelain_China_SM?hash=item5ad4df3190

(enlarged pictures)
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?VISuperSize&item=390118453648

These are limoges porcelain dinner sets and individual pieces, but not floral patterns or antiques: (also in U.S. dollars)

http://www.natschwartz.com/prodinfo.asp?number=HASPBLA

Sorry, I couldn't get photos to show up, but just click on the links to see them.

Cher
Cher
Cher, Educator-40+ yrs
Thanks f or everything Ingrid
Hi again, Ingrid, and you're most welcome.

Thanks very much for your accept and your reply. I hope you can get reimbursed by the insurance company with no problem.

Cher
Cher
Cher
Cher, Educator-40+ yrs