How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Teacher Editor Your Own Question
Teacher Editor
Teacher Editor, Teacher
Category: General
Satisfied Customers: 1339
Experience:  I am a good researcher
Type Your Question Here...
Teacher Editor is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

As a custodial parent, can I give temporary custody to my ex-husband

Resolved Question:

As a custodial parent, can I give temporary custody to my ex-husband to have my daughter live with him for 6 months? She has never been that close to him and he has a temper. I would be very uncomfortable turning over custody to him permanently. She is fourteen and would benefit from a having a father's influence since her schoolwork is suffering at this time.

Thank you.
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: General
Expert:  Teacher Editor replied 7 years ago.
Giving temporary custody to your ex would probably raise red flags as to why you would be doing so (and may be an influence in changing custody completely later on). You can just allow him more visitation and for an extended period if you want to try that route. However, not as legal advice but just as an opinion, if he has a temper, that may not be a conducive environment for your daughter. It may also not be safe. If she's having trouble with schoolwork, this may make it even worse. I would suggest getting her a tutor if possible because it may be that she doesn't understand the material and therefore not eager to do the schoolwork rather than just not wanting to be a good student.
Teacher Editor and 20 other General Specialists are ready to help you

Related General Questions