General

Ask Experts & Get Answers to Your Questions - ASAP

General

I ordered Medicoloncleanse online from a web site. The product

Customer Question
was advertised as a free...
I ordered Medicoloncleanse online from a web site. The product was advertised as a free trial offer for 14 days, paying $1.99 for shipping. I received the product in approximately 1 week. I kept checking my account for the $1.99 to be taken out. Instead, in another week $88.93 was debited from my account. I immediately called the number listed. (When I received the product, there was no contact information except for PMI, which was the shipping company and not the product company.) The very rude customer service rep insisted that their internet ad said you had 14 days to return the product from the order date. How do you return the product when A. no product is accepted without an RMA number; B. you cannot get this number without calling the company; C. the number to reach the company is not listed until they debit your account and then it is past their 14 day moratorium, and D. if it takes 7 days to get the product, are you supposed to try it for a day and then return it immediately ?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: General
10/5/2009
Expert: TaxTom, Internet Researcher replied 8 years ago
TaxTom
TaxTom, Internet Researcher
Hello, Did you pay this with a debit from your checking account or with your credit card tied to your checking account. Thanks Tom
A debit from my checking account was stolen.
That makes a little more difficult to put in dispute, a credit card gives you a little more protection. did they refuse to give you a Return authorization? What state do you live. Tom
Yes they refused to give me an RMA. I live in OH. Remember they never debited my account for $1.99, which would have given me a number to call before the deadline.
I understand, The Better Business Bureau currently has 10 unawnswered complaints against this company. Here is the contact information they provide for this company 20100 South Vermont Avenue
Torrance, CA 90502
Tel:(NNN) NNN-NNNN(The same number on the website).
Ask to speak to a supervisor. This product is a shipped every 30 days and it charges your account each time. Before you do anything else call this number to cancel you membership. "You may cancel your membership at any time by calling(NNN) NNN-NNNN (this is from there website)
You can contact you bank and explain that you authorized only a $1.99 charge, the banks might be limited on what they can do. Here is also the Attorney Generals office where you can make a omplaint
http://www.ohioattorneygeneral.gov/ConsumerComplaint
I wish there was more I could help you with this scam but its hard to put a bank charge in dispute. Tom
If you have additional questions on this feel free to repond back to this link and don't click accept until you are satified your question has been answered.
Thanks. I am writing a letter to the Secretary of State in California and Florida as well as Ohio I already cancelled the membership and I am changing my debit card number so they cannot charge me again. Do you have the address so I can write the BBB in CA?
If you your card has a Visa or Mastercard logo you may still be able to put it in dispute. Call your bank if you have that logo and they can help you put it in dispute. I have a little more bad news, when reading the fine print they actually enrolled you in a Grocery Shopping club at the same time, I will put the listing at the bottom of this passage the fine print. Watch for another charge of $29.63, the number I sent you is the number to cancel that. You will need to call both numbers to stop all charges. Even if you change cards if you don't cancel they can still try to collect. Tom

"As a special bonus with Medi Colon Cleanse, you have unlocked a free 21 day trial to GroceryShoppersClub.com. Grocery Shoppers Club contains useful recipes, tips for healthy eating, and valuable coupons to save money on your groceries. Should you choose to remain a member of Grocery Shoppers Club without cancelling, after the 21 day trial you will be billed $29.63 per month for your membership. You may cancel your membership at any time by calling(NNN) NNN-NNNN10AM-7PM EST, M-F."
Thank you. I will call tomorrow. Do you have an address for the BBB in CA?
Sure, http://www.la.bbb.org/Business-Report/PMA-LLC-100085406.
They seem to be running several scams at once. Here is another phone number at the same address(NNN) NNN-NNNN its probably a waste but they need harrased for being so dishonest. Thanks Tom
TaxTom
TaxTom, Internet Researcher
TaxTom
TaxTom
TaxTom, Internet Researcher