How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Teacher Editor Your Own Question
Teacher Editor
Teacher Editor, Teacher
Category: General
Satisfied Customers: 1339
Experience:  I am a good researcher
Type Your Question Here...
Teacher Editor is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My drivers license and social security number are different

Resolved Question:

My drivers license and social security number are different due to a marriage that never happened can I legally change my name to the name I have been using for the last 29 years. How long does it take if this is possible
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: General
Expert:  Teacher Editor replied 7 years ago.
If your marriage never happened, your name should not have been changed on either your driver license or social security. You should take your legal documents such as your birth certificate and unfiled marriage license to both the social security office and to the driver's facility.

The social security card may take a while depending on how busy they are. It may take up to 8 weeks. You should get your driver's license immediately as they make new ones at the driver's facility.
Teacher Editor and 44 other General Specialists are ready to help you