General

Ask Experts & Get Answers to Your Questions - ASAP

General

Where can I learn to read crochet directions. I am making

Customer Question
Where can I learn to...
Where can I learn to read crochet directions. I am making an afghan (vintage Lace)<and a friend has been helping me but she is not available for a few weeks.
I'm almost done and working on rnd 3 of the edging. (slip st, ch 1, sc) in first ch-2 sp, ch 5, (sc, ch 5)twice in next ch-2.[sc in next ch-2sp, ch 5, sc in next 2 ch-2sps, ch 5, sc in next ch-2 sp, ch 5, (sc,ch5) twice in next ch-2 sp] 11 times, (sc in next ch- 2 sp ch 5)across to marked ch-2 sp, (sc, ch 5) twice in marked ch-2sp, [sc in next ch-2sp, ch 5, sc in next 2 ch-2sps, ch 5, sc i next ch-2sp, ch 5, (sc, ch 5) twice in nextch-2sp] 10 times, (sc in next ch-2 sp, ch 5 across; join with slip st to first sc
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: General
9/11/2009
Expert: danny541, Top General Researcher replied 8 years ago
danny541
danny541, Top General Researcher
Hello and welcome to Just Answer!

Do you know what afghan pattern it is?

And what more do you need to know? What the stitches mean?
The pattern is called vintage lace -- I know the stitches I just don't know how to read directions. does this tell me that i am to go around all 4 sides of the afghan?
Yes it means to go around all4 sides of the afghan to complete the pattern!

I'm having a little trouble with my computer right now, if you have more questions on this, I will be back!

If not please remember to click the green accept button,so the site pays me for my help!

And, "POSITIVE FEEDBACK" only takes a moment and is "REALLY APPRECIATED" by me!
It does'nt help-- ˆI still can't read the directions --- what do I do after ]11 times. I'm sorry, but you have not help me.
No, I will not hit the accept button. When I get the answer I will let you know. I've used the service before and the individual was very helpful.      
I would have let you know I'm opting out, but when the customer opts you out you can't answer until you are allowed back into the question.

I'm sorry I was unable to help you, but you are not real clear about what you need. Do you need to know what all the abbreviations mean in the instructions? Without the instructions sent to me, I can't help, but if you need the translation for the abbreviations you wrote down, I can help!
Expert: Cher, Educator-40+ yrs replied 8 years ago
Cher
Cher, Educator-40+ yrs

Danny asked me to stop by and see if I could be of assistance.

The following might help you:

http://www.beginnercrocheting.com/
http://crochet.about.com/library/blbeginners.htm

These will help you interpret the abbreviations and crochet terms, in your directions, making it easier to read/follow:

http://crochet.about.com/od/crochetabbreviations/Crochet_Abbreviations.htm

http://crochet.about.com/od/crochetabbreviations/a/Crochet_Abbreviations.htm

I can appreciate your frustration, and hope this information will be helpful and you are able to finish your afghan!

Please let me know if you need further assistance.

Cher
Cher
Cher, Educator-40+ yrs
Cher
Cher
Cher, Educator-40+ yrs