General

Ask Experts & Get Answers to Your Questions - ASAP

General

where can i buy the Lllusion of Shalimar fragrance of France

Customer Question
where can i buy the...
where can i buy the L'llusion of Shalimar fragrance of France blended in the USA ?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: General
9/10/2009
Expert: Cher, Educator-40+ yrs replied 8 years ago
Cher
Cher, Educator-40+ yrs

Is the exact name of the fragrance 'L'Illusion of (or d') Shalimar'?

Is it made by the manufacturer of Shalimar?

Is it a new fragrance or has it been around for a while?

Are you looking to purchase it in the USA?

Thanks for all your additional detail.

Cher
THE BOTTLE SAYS "FRANGRANCE OF FRANCE, BLENDED IN THE U.S.A.
1.66 FL.OZ. 50 ML. NAME ISXXXXX IT COMES IN OTHER
FRAGRANCES TOO. PURHCASED AT LONGS DRUGS FOR YEARS AND YEARS. THEY
ARE OUT OF BUSINESS NOW, AND CVS HAS TAKENOVER, BUT THEY DON'T SEEM
TO KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT THIS ITEM. THE COST IS ABOUT $9.00. THE
FRAGRANCE IS THE SAME AS REAL SHALIMAR. I HAVE BEEN USING IT FOR
OVER 30 YEARS. THANKS YOU.
Hello again, and thanks for your additional information.

I've tried locating this particular fragrance at various online perfume sites and they don't seem to carry it. I also checked out CVS, and you're correct, they do not seem to carry it any longer. I'm going to check out other drugstore chains, as well.

I'm going to continue researching this item for you and when I find the info I will get back to you.

Thanks for your patience,
Cher
Hi again,

I found these from Walgreens, and you can click on each one to see if any of the descriptions resemble the Shalimar fragrance:

http://www.walgreens.com/search/results.jsp?Ntt=in%20style%20impressions%20of%20designer%20fragrances&Erp=48&N=310130

I don't think this 'Illusion of Shalimar' is available anyplace else. Long's may have been the only ones that carried it, and yes, they have all been converted to CVS. I thought I could find some Long's still in existence, but, none. The only thing I can recommend, is to speak with the manager of your CVS/formerly Long's and ask if they can locate this product for you from any of their distributors, or if they can find out WHO the distributor was, of this fragrance, which Long's carried. Also, try to find out who did the 'buying' for Long's in your area, and contact that person.

I tried researching all 'imitation' fragrances and designer imposters, etc., and it seems that Shalimar is not one that has been imitated, as far as I could find. Only the 'real' Shalimar by Guerlain, comes up in all my searches. The Illusion of Shalimar seems to be a one of a kind product.

I can fully understand how you feel; I too, have been frustrated and disappointed in the past, when some products I loved, and had used for years, was suddenly discontinued or disappeared from the shelves. I used to wear Shalimar many years ago and know how special it is! Perhaps you can find a similar fragrance that is not too expensive, which resembles it's fragrance. There are many discount perfume sites online, and although prices have risen within the past few years, they're still much less costly than buying in a store.

Cher

Cher
Cher, Educator-40+ yrs
Cher
Cher
Cher, Educator-40+ yrs