How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask P. Simmons Your Own Question
P. Simmons
P. Simmons, Attorney
Category: General
Satisfied Customers: 34291
Experience:  45 years old, retired Marine Officer, current attorney
Type Your Question Here...
P. Simmons is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have to go to court about an alleged credit card debt. I

Resolved Question:

I have to go to court about an alleged credit card debt. I have asked the opposing lawyer for the following and they say they don't have it, but are going to ask the client for it. Our court date is in a week. Can I ask for a motion of dismissal if I do not get the information I am asking for?

What I asked for...
-Copy of the alleged credit card account that has my signature.
-Copy of all the transaction o the alleged account and the interest associated with each transaction.
-Proof that I was provided with any rate or fee changes.


Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: General
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 7 years ago.

IF you have requested this information PROIR to the hearing to prepare and they refuse to provide it, I would request to the judge to have the case dismissed with prejudice. Of course, the judge may simply grant a continuance to allow you to prepare...but you can certainly request a dismissal

P. Simmons and 31 other General Specialists are ready to help you

Related General Questions