General

Ask Experts & Get Answers to Your Questions - ASAP

General

what company manufactures dunhill pipe tobaccos in the uk,

Customer Question
which ones do they continue...
what company manufactures dunhill pipe tobaccos in the uk, which ones do they continue to make, especially do they still make nightcap and london mixture? can american individuals order it from any e-tailer located in britain or anywhere else? if so who?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: General
8/15/2009
Expert: Jan, Research Analyst replied 8 years ago
Jan
Jan, Research Analyst
HelloCustomer

Here are some folks who sell the pipe tobacco you are looking for (nightcap and London mixture). You can order this tobacco in the states.

http://www.pipesandcigars.com/dunhilltins.html

http://www.310pipe.com/tintobDunhill.html

http://www.rleeermey.com/cigars/product/1/1140/Dunhill-Nightcap-50g-Can.html

I also found an article that you might find interesting:

http://loringpage.com/pipearticles/duntob1.htm

I hope this is what you were looking for. If not, please let me know and I'll conduct further research to ensure you are satisfied with the answer to your question.

Jan

So far you are batting a 1000 none of the cos you suggested have dunhill tobacco for sale, either no buy button or when you try to buy they say no longer available or out of stock. I know for a fact that there currently is no longer a distributor in the US. I did find a place to buy 965 and early morning in UK. However it appears that they no longer manufacture Nightcap or London Mixture, but I am not certain. I am sorry to trouble you, but you are not qualified to answer my question.
read my previous reply and you will understand why I won't accept the answer and am not interested in a response from the person since he is clearly totally uniformed about the topic and unqualified to answer.
Expert: John Henderson, Consultant replied 8 years ago
John Henderson
John Henderson, Consultant

None of the websites you mentioned currently sell or have in inventory dunhill tobacco. I used to buy from cupajoes all the time, nice people, they think a distributor will soon be in place and they will again be able to order inventory, but they have no idea when, and have been out of stock since last August. Even though web sites advertise they have dunhill for sale, they don't. You need to either call them or buy it online to verify the situation. Thank you for your time

Here is a rather long link from a google group dedicated to pipe smokers, but it is worth reading. If it does not work, let me know.

http://groups.google.com/group/alt.smokers.pipes/tree/browse_frm/thread/d64e1f612e6e1ab5/12ae8d80ee92b515?_done=%2Fgroup%2Falt.smokers.pipes%2Fbrowse_frm%2Fthread%2Fd64e1f612e6e1ab5%2F12ae8d80ee92b515%3F&

XXXXX XXXXX

This is as deep as I can go in my attempt to research for you. If this is satisfactory, click the accept button...

Thank you for the effort, but I have seen that post. Currently I am able to buy most of what I want overseas. but it is terribly expensive and I was trying to find out if bat or orlick is currently the licensed manufacturer, and who is the company to contact concerning the distributorship for the US.

We may be in luck. Try this!!!

http://www.orlik.dk/sw10691.asp

XXXXX XXXXX

Here's a thought...

In upstate NY in the early 80' there was a baccy shop that had bulk jars like a candy shop. I could chose a scoop of latakia, boorqim and turkish and have it thrash blended and walk away with six-months worth of smoke.

Is there such a shop in your corner of the world?

Good luck. If my efforts were any help, just hit the ACCEPT btn. This is not a major source of income, but it does provide a few trinkets ...

XXXXX XXXXX

That was most helpful and I will pay you. So far we now jnow for a fact they manufacture and sell Dunhill My Mixture 965, and Dunhill Early Morning Pipe. They have a picture on their web sight of Dunhill London Mixture but under their product lists they dont show that . So we need to tie that down. Then we need to find out who manufactures Dunhill Nightcap as I know it is still being made and is for sale. I had to buy it from a German etailer at, what I think is a ridiculously high price. I would simply call them, but I don't speak German and I can't understand their English By the way, I need to go out for a few hours but will talk to you later
Sure, and everybody makes their versions of Dunhill blends, some are close but they are just not the same.

Heres another idea. Start a buyers club by building a blog at Google. Get members to co-op...

XXXXX XXXXX

John Henderson
John Henderson, Consultant
Sorry I got tied up today with other stuff. Please try to find additional info for me concerning nightcap and london mixture, that is which company manufactures them

Will do...

Am having surgery this AM. I will work on it over the weekend. Look for a personal message (PM) after monday.

XXXXX XXXXX

good luck with the surgery hope it isn't anything serious.
John Henderson
John Henderson
John Henderson, Consultant