How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Lori Your Own Question
Lori, Research Analyst
Category: General
Satisfied Customers: 4131
Experience:  General Information and Online Research
Type Your Question Here...
Lori is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Someone is talking to me on the internet. Says he is american,

Resolved Question:

Someone is talking to me on the internet. Says he is american, Talks with a heavy accent, says he loves me and is starting to ask me to do stuff. I stupidly even gave him my address. how can I fimd out where he is Yahoo instant messangeing me I need to find out what country he has gone from North Carolina to england and now he says he is in afarica. can you help please.     Oh by the by He thinks we are in love and wants me to marry him??? Oh sorry he said he has a UK truck in america. but he dosen't have a licence. He is 49 HELP please
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: General
Expert:  Lori replied 8 years ago.

I would first tell him that you can't talk with him anymore. You don't need to give him any details, just tell him you are going "offline" indefinitely. I would either change your IM name or set your account to always show offline to him. Don't answer emails, don't IM him.....just stop all communication. If he continues to contact you or sends threatening messages, you can contact your local law enforcement agency for additional help. There are also other measures you can take....if he has an email address he sends to you from, you can contact the owner of the doman name he uses at [email protected] and request that his account be terminated due to abuse...make sure you have documented evidence that he is continuing to contact you after you have requested him to cease-keep all emails and print im's if if he is using yahoo or bellsouth- you would use [email protected] or [email protected] - etc.....most of the time, simply ignoring the person will take care of the problem.....if he sends anything via the actual mail service, keep everything (including envelopes) and report it at your local postal office. There are laws in place to keep people from being harrassed by cyberstalkers. Ignorning him; however, is going to be your best method of getting him gone.


Please let me know if I can help further.

Lori and 18 other General Specialists are ready to help you