Joan
Joan, Internet Researcher
Experience:  I believe that knowledge is Power! I would like to try to share my knowledge with others.
5071285
Type Your Question Here...

what is the process to handle bug infestation when container

what is the process to handle bug infestation when container arrives at usa warehouse from far east
Category: General
Expert:  Joan replied 8 years ago.

Any bug infestations brought in from another Country needs to be reported to Customs. Foreign items like this should have gone into quarantine so the item is free of any insects brought in from another Country. Joan

http://www.cbp.gov/

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
What is the process if the container was empty but after handling made warehouse personnel break out in rashes.
Expert:  Joan replied 8 years ago.

Once Customs is notified They will notify the Local Health Department and if need be the CDC will be called in on the case. The Agencies will quarantine the containers and interview and have a physical exam done on the employees affected by the containers. Joan

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
The rashes did not occur until weeks after the container turned around for Export. Do we still notify Customs?
Expert:  Joan replied 8 years ago.

If you suspect something came in on or in the container, I would let them know so they can investigate and be sure this does not happene again. They will tell you if further action needs to be taken. Joan