Joan
Joan, Internet Researcher
Experience:  I believe that knowledge is Power! I would like to try to share my knowledge with others.
5071285
Type Your Question Here...

I have a year old logiko master mercury sphygmomanometer which

I have a year old logiko master mercury sphygmomanometer which has just stopped working. the cuff inflates to tightness at only 20mmHg; its as if the mercury isn't registering, or there's an air lock. the weather has been very hot recently and it was in a very hot room; I don't know if that was just coincidence. I don't have the purchasing details anymore but where could I send it to get it fixed? thank you so much!
Category: General
Expert:  Joan replied 8 years ago.

The Mercury type of sphygomometers are being phased out since their accuracy and safety are in question. I suspect the problem you are having may be in the bladder in the cuff or the bulb as they do get dry rotted. I have a site I can give you for replacement items as well as new cuffs. Joan

http://www.alibaba.com/showroom/Blood_cuff.html

Customer: replied 8 years ago.

Hi Joan, the sphyg is so new, I don't think its rotted and I don't need replacement parts; the problem is with the mercury in the reservoir. I don't want to be taking it apart obviously; I wondered if you knew a medical equipment engineers I could send it to to get it fixed? Many thanks Sara

Expert:  Joan replied 8 years ago.

If you go into a medical supply store where they sell specialized medical equipment, they may have people that they would be able to send it off to, who can fix it. Many people will not even deal with the mercury type anymore because of the danger involved dealing with mercury. What about changing to a needle type meter rather than the mercury register? I could not even find contact information for the company, to see if we could see if they would be able to assist. Joan