How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Lady Themis Your Own Question
Lady Themis
Lady Themis, Internet Researcher
Category: General
Satisfied Customers: 7751
Experience:  Knowledgeable in a broad range of topics
Type Your Question Here...
Lady Themis is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

on 4-1-09 I was injured at my job. I went to doctor as advised

This answer was rated:

on 4-1-09 I was injured at my job. I went to doctor as advised by my employee. Was put on restricted duty but was able to work. on May 8, Dr. ordered an MRI of injury. Before I could get appt. for same, May 11 I was asked to resign my job, and was dismissed. I signed nothing. Can I still get my treatment for injury? And if I sign paper can I still get unemployment even though I was forced to resign!     XXXXX XXXXX
You are still entitled to compensation for your injuries from your employer's workers compensation insurance company even though you have been terminated. As long as you were working there at the time of the injury, you are entitled to workers compensation benefits from that employer.

You may be able to get unemployment if you were constructively discharged, meaning you really had no choice but to resign, but that the termination of your employment was through no fault of your own.

Lady Themis and 21 other General Specialists are ready to help you

Related General Questions