How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Cher Your Own Question
Cher, Educator-40+ yrs
Category: General
Satisfied Customers: 21333
Experience:  M.A., B.A., Author, Information & Research Specialist
Type Your Question Here...
Cher is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

How can I veiw my home phone call history for the last 6 to

Resolved Question:

How can I veiw my home phone call history for the last 6 to 8 months?
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: General
Expert:  Cher replied 8 years ago.
Hi Bellabell,

If you can access your phone bill online, you can view and/or download about 6 months of history, or more, depending upon your company's website parameters. You can only view outgoing calls that are long distance and/or have an area code different from yours, but which may be in your local calling area. If you have an 'unlimited' local calling plan, local calls will not appear on the bill or in your history.

If you are looking to view all incoming and outgoing calls, including local ones, you would have to call your phone company and ask if this is possible, and if so, you can request they send you a copy of the phone call history, but there might be a charge.

I hope you are successful.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I already have an account on line and can view my call history as far back as December. However I needed to go back further than 3 months. I needed to go back about 6 to 8 months. I need to know if there is a way around Centurytel's 3 month parameter?
Expert:  Cher replied 8 years ago.
Hi again, and thanks for your reply with additional information.

The only way to view more than 3 months of bills, is to call the company and request it; however, as I mentioned previously, there might be a charge. Here is Centurytel's phone number for residential service, and office hours:

Customer Support Hours

Monday - Friday, 8am - 6:30pm

Residential      866.681.5154

Call on Monday and ask if they can accommodate you with the bills you need, from about 8 months ago, forward. You can tell them you don't need the most recent 3 months, as you can view that online.

I hope you're successful, and please let me know if you need any further information.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Cher, Thanks for your efforts but the phone bill is in my soon to be ex-husband's name. And Centurytel won't give me any information on the account. He doesn't even know that I have the online account. If he ever finds out, he will go off on me. But I know he has a girlfriend that he is talking to. Our divorce is not evan final yet. We still have to live in the same house. He is trying to make me leave with nothing after 22 years of marriage. So I need to prove his relationship with this person who keeps calling him while I'm not home. And he keeps calling her. So basically if I can't find a way to veiw it on line then I guess I'm out of luck.
Expert:  Cher replied 8 years ago.
Hi again, Bellabell.

I understand your extenuating circumstances, now, and you have my sympathies. I know someone who went through a similar experience and the phone bill was also in her husband's name, only, and unbelievably, his girlfriend could get information on the account, but my friend couldn't, and she LIVED there, so I fully understand your frustration.

My only other suggestion to you would be to hire a private investigator who may be able to get the information for you, or if you already have a divorce lawyer working for you, the 'court' can request this information. I understand, though, if you want to keep it confidential, and find the info on your own.

I have one other suggestion....also, it depends who you get on the phone that may be sympathetic to you, and give you the info....tell them that you need the phone records from this period of time, because you have a young teen who you suspect was making calls without your permission, and you need to know for sure. If they ask, well, what was the number called, etc., say, I don't know, that's why I need the written records. If you get a woman, she might be sympathetic. Tell her that your husband would 'kill' your teenaged son/daughter if he found out, so you're trying to do this on your own, first.

If they give you trouble re: the bill being only in your husband's name, say, yes, but I live in the house too, for 'x' number of years, and in fact, I do all the bill paying, I can prove I'm MRS. whatever. As I said, it depends on the customer service rep you get. One might be strictly 'by the book', and another might be sympathetic to your 'reason' for needing these older bills. Don't say it has anything to do with divorce, though, use that info re: a son or daughter or niece or nephew, any younger person, perhaps going against the house rules and calling numbers they shouldn't have, and it's important that you research this. It's a little white lie, but might get you what you need. Also, make sure to have them send it to you at a work address, a P.O. box, or through email, etc., if you're successful in getting the info, so your husband doesn't find it in the regular mail for the 'house'. Or, offer to pick it up at the phone company, if you're able to do that.

I wish you much good luck and hope you're able to find someone at the phone company to help you. Just persist in calling, and don't mention that you've called before.

Cher and 43 other General Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Thank you Cher. I appreciate all your efforts.
Expert:  Cher replied 8 years ago.
Hi again, and you're most welcome; thanks very much for your reply and your accept.

I hope things work out well for you.

If you ever have future questions as you go through this difficult time, please feel free to post a question to me in our 'Relationship' category. Just type 'FOR CHER' to begin your question.

Take care,

Related General Questions