General

Ask Experts & Get Answers to Your Questions - ASAP

General

I have a valuable Stanley Mouse print. Is there any place that

buys these kind of things...
I have a valuable Stanley Mouse print. Is there any place that buys these kind of things or who can I get to sell it for me?
8/24/2008
Cher
Cher, Educator-40+ yrs

Can you tell me which Stanley Mouse print you own and is it framed or unframed?

Have you had it appraised and/or do you have a rough idea of what it's worth?

Thanks for any additional detail.

Cher
It is framed. One sold just like it at Bonham's for $1,200 but along with Stanley's signature it had a number on it. Mine is signed by Stanley Mouse but on the left side bottom he wrote "Experiment." There is a picture of it in the Grateful Dead Family Album on page 172. It was used for their Egyptian tour only mine doesn't have "Grateful Dead" written at the top.
Hello again, and thanks for your reply with additional information.

If your piece is not numbered, it may not be as valuable as the $1,200 one that sold at Bonham's, but the fact that it says 'Experiment' may make it more 'one of a kind' and still sell for a very good amount.

I would check out local Galleries to find if they will first, appraise it for you, and then, sell it for you, for a percentage of the final sale price, of course. If this is not possible, eBay would be a good idea, as you can see what similar pieces are selling for, and then put it up for auction, yourself. Other ideas are, List it in 'Craigslist' in your city, and there's another auction site called 'ioffer.com', which is similar to eBay, but their listing prices are supposed to be lower.

You can get an idea of what's appearing on eBay re: Stanley Mouse prints, now, by looking here:

Grateful Dead Stanley Mouse Framed Jester Print
      This seller accepts PayPal      1     $75.00
     $25.00      2d 20h 25m     
compare itemsTo compare items side-by-side, select the check boxes and click the Compare button.
Page 1 of 1
4 items found for stanley mouse print in eBay Stores eBay Stores. Learn more about eBay Stores.
           Item Title           Price     Store     

Stanley Mouse Running Liver Print Running Monster
     Buy It Now     $199.99
     The Minstrels Gallery     

Signed LIMITED STANLEY MOUSE ART PRINT Grateful Dead
     Buy It Now or Best Offer     $200.00
     FamilyBearMinerals and Collectables     

Stanley Mouse "Pegasus" Signed Lithographic Print
     Buy It Now     $300.00
     mageofdreams     

GRATEFUL DEAD PRINT BY STANLEY MOUSE
     Buy It Now or Best Offer     $500.00
     RC ADDICTS     
5 items found for stanley mouse print in All Categories
           Item Title     Bids     Price     
Time
Left

Grateful Dead Prints By Stanley Mouse 5 pieces + bonus
     Buy It Now or Best Offer     $25.00
     4d 19h 47m     

Grateful Dead Skeleton & Roses Flag Stanley Mouse Print
     -     $199.99
     1d 23h 30m     

Grateful Dead Family Album Proof Print By Stanley Mouse
     -     $199.99
     1d 23h 33m     

Alton Kelley Stanley Mouse Blue Angel Ltd Ed Print
     -     $199.99
     6d 23h 24m     
========================================================(sorry the actual images didn't show up, but you can go to eBay and put in 'Stanley Mouse Prints' in the category of 'Art')

If you know the title of your print, it would help narrow down the information on a site like eBay.

I wish you much good luck!

Cher

I know about ebay but that's not what I'm looking for. I was hoping to get a name of a Gallery in the San Francisco Bay area or a place on line that I could check out.

Hello again, and thanks for letting me know your location.

I'll research that, and get back to you as soon as possible.

Thanks for your patience.

Cher

Try contacting these galleries:

Sausalito Art Galleries
P.O. Box 370
Sausalito, CA 94966

Phone: 510 - 870 - 8659

Cell Phone: 415 - 420 - 7420

Fax: 415 - 480 - 1347
=========================================================
This site lists many galleries:

http://www.sanfrancisco.com/arts/

Cher
Cher
Cher, Educator-40+ yrs
Cher
Cher
Cher, Educator-40+ yrs