General

Ask Experts & Get Answers to Your Questions - ASAP

General

who is Fernando Nava, a barrister located C/Larques de ...

Customer Question
who is Fernando Nava, a...
who is Fernando Nava, a barrister located :C/Larques de Urquijo in Madrid, Spain, 28008.Tel.0113466 3330 196 and Fax XXXXXXXXXXX935 ?He claims to represent me with La Caix Bank.
Submitted: 9 years ago.Category: General
8/7/2008
Expert: Scott, MIT Graduate replied 9 years ago
Scott
Scott, MIT Graduate
Hi there!

Can you please tell me more about this...

How did you first come in contact with the bank? Did they email you? If so, can you paste that email message here?

Thanks,
Scott
Fernana Nava is a spanish barrister, who represents me to La Caixa bank in Madrid,Spain. His job as a lawyer is to authorize transfer of the International Lottery of Spain to me in N.Y.C.
Fernando Nava is repressenting me sdto authorize trdansfer fo winning funds from the International Lottery. I cannostd go to Madrid and he is authorized to allow the lottery funds to be transferred to me in NYC. Do you know if he is a recognized barrister or not?
Expert: Coolchics, Teacher replied 9 years ago
Coolchics
Coolchics, Teacher
this is not a scam.

Can you please tell me how you first came into contact with this person?

Thanks,
Scott

Expert: 4ren6, Forensic Specialist replied 9 years ago
4ren6
4ren6, Forensic Specialist

I am going to add to the first answering expert whom I agreed with. I find this info from the bank itself and find no listing of the barrister in Spain. This is a hoax......

10:1 the barrister is asking you to front money prior to sending funds. I would suspect he is asking for your bank routing numbers as well.......give him no information that is personal in nature. Call the bank direct if you do not feel this is a scam. The bank has nothing to do with the Lottery.

http://www.svbizlaw.com/emails.lacaixabank.htm

This barrister is a legal person and has already represented me i;n thes International Lottery as a pearson who has already won a sum of money. It is not a hoax. If yyou check with Caixa Bank HQ in Madrid, I am sure ykou will find that your answer is incorreact. Thank you.
This is *very* important for us to know:

Thanks,
Scott

Also, have you already received money?
And also have you been asked to front money to this man...........please do respond as we are all attempting to help you on this one. Did you meet by email...........How did you come to know of this man.
Originally,a letter said I won 2nd place in dthe Intdernational Lottery from the Navidad 07 lottery. Then, they (the controller at La Caixa bank in Madrid,Spain: a Dr. Luis Smith, asked me in a letter to fly to Madrid and meet with 2 protocol officers, to present myself for the winning prize. I aam 80, witha disabiliy, and cannot do that much traveling, and in a letter they said an appointed barr ister: Fernando Nava, is representing me with the Lottery, to gets the proper ppapers to have the lottery funds transferred to Chase Bank, and Subsequently I receivsed several documents that stated (on official paper with seals) that I will be allowed to have my money. This coming monday (August 11) the barrister will finish getting the Spanish insurance paperwork completed and mail my check to my Chase Bank Account. The papers, so far, are fromthe Federal High Court of Spain, the Supreme Court of SpainLa Caixa Bank:Foreign Operations Dept.,(order to release funds to Chase Bank)and an insrument paper for reparation of consultant: Fernando Nava for international consultation fees of $3,400), paid by Western Union. Fernando Nava:: Fax is 01134917903935, and tel# XXXXX What more can I tell you??
Did you pay the consultation fees of $3,400? Please do not send ANY money!!!!!!
Did you enter any lottery in Spain, or did you get this letter out of the blue? That should be your first warning sign...

I can't stress how much I agree with the other experts. You are the victim of a scam. These people are so clever -- they forge documents to make them look official, promise you money, etc. There is no lottery, no winnings, and these people are fake identities created by the scammers to try to trick you.

Did you pay the $3,400 by Western Union? Have they asked you for any money yet?

PLEASE don't give them any of your personal information. They will use it to steal as much of your money as they can.

You are not going to get a check next Monday. They will come up with some excuse about why it has to be delayed. And they will ask you for money to help "fix" the "problem". Either that, or they will mail you a fraudulent check (and if you cash that, you are responsible for it -- there will be no way to trace it back to them). Please read this article for a story of scam victim who ended up in *jail* for cashing a fake check:
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2006/08/30/BUGTGKRHSF1.DTL

Also, you are not the only scam victim, so please don't blame yourself for any of this. I know you may not want to admit it to yourself, but please don't feel bad. Many people fall for these things, since they are so well organized.

-Scott
Scott
Scott, MIT Graduate

Stanley, it is also imperative that you contact your bank immediately and tell them of this. If you have given any banking information such as routing numbers they can withdraw your savings. If any of this was via the internet then contact the below link (Federal FBI Assistance) and ask for help. Contact your local or state Police and file a complaint as well. I fully agree with your accepted answer above.

Contact www.ic3.gov to file a complaint if any of this was via email or computer.

Scott
Scott
Scott, MIT Graduate