General

Ask Experts & Get Answers to Your Questions - ASAP

General

About my drug test

Customer Question
I took a urine drug...
I took a urine drug test for my job a few days ago that was sent off to the lab for testing. If I snorted and rubbed cocaine on my gums about 2 weeks ago, will I test positive for cocaine and fail my screening?
Submitted: 10 years ago.Category: General
1/2/2008
Expert: MsWest, Senior Research Associate replied 10 years ago
MsWest
MsWest, Senior Research Associate

Hello,Customer and thank you for asking your question on Just Answer.

How long cocaine can be detected in urine depends on whether you are a chronic user. If you use cocaine regularly, it can be detected in a urine drug screen for up to 3 weeks after your last use. It also depends on how much you used 2 weeks ago. The more you used, the more likely it would have still been detectable.

Here is a website that shows how long various drugs can be detected in a urine test:

http://www.cocaine.org/cokestrut.html

I hope this answers your question, but if you need further information please let me know. Otherwise, please click the accept button.

Thanks!

I have not used any kind of drugs since about 5 months ago.This just happened to be a drunken relapse. Do you think since it had been so long since I had any drugs in my system that I am okay?

I think you will most likely be okay if this was the only time since 5 months ago.

Remember that if they drug screen you for hiring, they will also do random drug screening if you do get the job. It's something to really think about, because I'm sure if you get the job, you want to keep it.

Best of luck with the results of the test.

MsWest
MsWest, Senior Research Associate
MsWest
MsWest
MsWest, Senior Research Associate