General

Ask Experts & Get Answers to Your Questions - ASAP

General

does soda like pepsi need to be refrigerated after opening

Customer Question
?...
does soda like pepsi need to be refrigerated after opening ?
Submitted: 10 years ago.Category: General
11/25/2007
Expert: MsWest, Senior Research Associate replied 10 years ago
MsWest
MsWest, Senior Research Associate

Hello,Customer and thank your for asking your question on Just Answer.

An open bottle of soda pop does not spoil if not refrigerated, but it will lose its carbonation (fizz) much more quickly if not kept cold. In the refrigerator, with the bottle cap tightened well, the soda will stay pretty well carbonated for a day or two. Keeping the cap tight is very important.

Also, the less airspace between the top of the soda in the bottle and the top of the bottle, the longer the carbonation. This is because there isn't as much air for the carbon dioxide (carbonation) to escape into.

I hope this answers your question, but if you need further information, please let me know.

Thanks again for asking on Just Answer!

MsWest
MsWest, Senior Research Associate
MsWest
MsWest
MsWest, Senior Research Associate