How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask John D Your Own Question
John D
John D, BS Degree in Engineering.
Category: General
Satisfied Customers: 9666
Experience:  Math, science and 25 years experience in computer programming
Type Your Question Here...
John D is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am having to write about a subject that is way out of my ...

This answer was rated:

I am having to write about a subject that is way out of my league. Can anyone tell me where to find information about such road construction equipment as graders, and/or "scarifiers". What is the type of vehicle called to which a grader blade would be attached? Is there any way to find out how many are in use in Canada or U.S.? I don't want to buy any such equipment, just need to know about it.

These machines are called Earthmoving Equipment. Below is a list of webpages showing photos and describing each of of these major roadwork equipment.

As for the scarifiers and blades, these are attachments that are used on Graders. Blades are used to do final leveling of the earth before the rood bases or asphalt is placed. Scarifiers on the other hand 'scratch' the ground (like plowing) in order to prepare the earth to be mixed with the correct of amount of water.

graphic Leveling Blade

graphic Scarifier


Major Earthmoving Equipment:







Hope this helps. If you need further information please feel free to ask.

John D and 34 other General Specialists are ready to help you

Related General Questions