How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Family Physician Your Own Question
Family Physician
Family Physician, Internet Researcher
Category: General
Satisfied Customers: 12816
Experience:  Researching answers to questions online for 20+ years.
Type Your Question Here...
Family Physician is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Is there a foundation ororganization that assist or ...

Resolved Question:

Is there a foundation organization that assist or sponsor people who are in prison with paying for college tutution?
Submitted: 10 years ago.
Category: General
Expert:  Family Physician replied 10 years ago.
There are indeed scholarship funds available for inmates. Many community colleges and universities offer reduced tuition to inmates. Some even offer classes in prisons.

If you provide some additional information (state, university etc) I may be able to give you more information.
Customer: replied 10 years ago.
Reply to FamilyPhysician's Post: The inmate is in the state of Michigan. He has no access to computers and needs a facility that could mail him all of his materials and allow him to use a proxy. His interest of study in business adminstration.
Expert:  Family Physician replied 10 years ago.
Here is a program that offers scholarships - it was started by an inmate studying by distance at Penn State

News stories on this foundation:
Family Physician and 46 other General Specialists are ready to help you