How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Family Physician Your Own Question
Family Physician
Family Physician, Internet Researcher
Category: General
Satisfied Customers: 12816
Experience:  Researching answers to questions online for 20+ years.
Type Your Question Here...
Family Physician is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

How do I transfer my Scottish Education to the USA

Resolved Question:

I recently moved to the USA from Scotland and am now living in Georgia. While in scotland I graduated high school with 8 Scottish Standard Grades(equivalent to English GCSE's) and 3 Highers. Obviously I don't have an american high school diploma but surely what I do have is at least an equivalent, or am I wrong? Does anyone know who exactly I contact to sort this out?? Any help or advise would be appreciated.
Submitted: 10 years ago.
Category: General
Expert:  Family Physician replied 10 years ago.
Most colleges and universities are accustomed to evaluating international students qualifications for acceptance.

I would suggest that you speak with one of the people in the admissions office of one of the large colleges in your area. (Georgia Tech, University of Georgia, etc) - they should be able to help you. If they accept your qualifications, you could start college/university now. If they do not accept your qualifications, they could tell you what you need.
Customer: replied 10 years ago.
Thnak you for thw advice. The thing is, I'm not actually looking to go to Univeristy of College. I'm just looking for employment but almost everyone wants either an American High School Diploma or a GED. Isn't there a form I can get from someone which shows I have the equivalent of a US high school diploma which I could give to any future employers?
Expert:  Family Physician replied 10 years ago.
There are services which do provide evaluations of equivalence for foreign education. Here is one of those

It may be cheaper and easier to just take the GED - that would give you the qualification that they are looking for.
Family Physician and 36 other General Specialists are ready to help you