General

Ask Experts & Get Answers to Your Questions - ASAP

General

I am trying to find a recipe that was on the Food ...

I am trying to find...
I am trying to find a recipe that was on the Food Network, but that site cannot seem to find it. Any suggestions? Thank you
8/3/2006
Munayco Law
Munayco Law, Internet Researcher

Do you recall the name of the program that prepared the dish?

Do you recall the name of the recipe?

Do you recall the date the show aired?

Let me know these questions and I will try to search for you. Thanks.

Reply to AnswerWhiz's Post: Thank you. The program on the Food Network was, I am fairly certain " The Secret Life of .....Comfort Food. I viewed it on July 31st. It was a recipe for chicken spaghetti - an award winning recipe by a woman I believe was named XXXXX XXXXX. The ingredients included, of course, chicken, spaghetti, velveeta cheese, onions, mushrooms, soup mixes and described as a casserole. I have tried every link I could find. Why am I willing to pay $8 for this recipe? I am such a picky eater and this had everything I like and none I'm allergic to. To me it was one of those things that are so easy and yet so tasty. So, here I am, I worship at the shrine of Perdue Chickens, and hope you can help. Thanks

I believe this is the recipe for what they call Chicken Cheese Spaghetti.

1 whole chicken boiled, de-boned, and cubed
1 large velveeta cheese
1 12oz spaghetti
1 can rotel tomatoes
1 can cream of mushroom soup

Boil chicken and de-bone. Cook spaghetti in the chicken broth, until done. Drain, mix with cubed cheese, rotel tomatoes, cream of mushroom soup, and cubed chicken. Mix all together, and place in oven, uncovered at 350 for about 20 mins. I use mild rotel tomatoes on the account of my children.

Reply to AnswerWhiz's Post: Sorry, but no. Your found recipe I also found but the one I'm searching for included sauteed mushrooms and onions. No tomatoes that I remember. I know the ingredients but not the quantity. I believe there were two cans of two different soups but didn't get the quantities for the ingredients or the baking times, etc. I am a bit embarassed that my request has reached someone of your calibure, but thank you and the site for your efforts. Hopefully, your further research may find this recipe. I do know that the cook was a prize winner and I've been through the sites for prize winning recipes. Honestly, this is not a joke and you have been kind and of course I will make sure that my agreement is completed. Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX trying.
Okay, I will keep trying. Now I am interested in figuring this one out. I'll keep looking and post what I find.
Reply to AnswerWhiz's Post: Thanks so much. I will be signing off soon and appreciate your help. I know what it is like to accept a challenge. This should not be that difficult but after days of my efforts I turned to you. I'm sure you're thinking "Doesn't this person have anything else more important?" Well, yes I do but to me it is also a challenge. Thanks again. When you find the recipe and I make it I'll be sure to let you know how good your research turned out be.
Not sure if I have been successful, take a look at these chicken spaghetti recipes and let me know if you found the one resembling that recipe. I have looked and looked and nothing. I emailed the Food Network regarding this, so I hope to hear from them soon...I am so curious. However, it might take long as their autoresponder says they get thousands of emails back. We shall see what they say.
Reply to AnswerWhiz's Post: Good Morning,
Well, out of the list you sent to me there is one that I believe is very close. It is the one that calls for 8 chicken breasts, onion, mushrooms,velveeta cheese, etc. But please look at it because I was hysterical. A recipe calling for 8 chicken breasts and the yield is ONE serving.So, what I propose to do is to go ahead and pay you. Then may I sign back on so that if the Food Network responds I can compare them. Of course, I will pay you for the second search also. Many, many thanks and let me know how to proceed.
Maggie in Florida
Good Morning, you are too kind. I will let you know as soon as the Food Network emails me. I really can't tell you how you wish to proceed only that if you feel I have helped you then you can accept. If you want to sign back on at a later time you can request for me.

By the way, according to the Food Network the show will be repeating on Aug 6, but this is San Francisco, my local area. You might want to see if it will repeat on that day. I will attempt to watch the show also, but with a two year old son running around, it might be hard to pay attention. According to their FAQ, some recipes expire after two weeks for legal reasons. Maybe when the show repeats, they will repost the recipe. I'll keep an eye out for you.

I am glad that the recipe is getting closer. Take care.

Munayco Law
Munayco Law, Internet Researcher
Munayco Law
Munayco Law
Munayco Law, Internet Researcher