General

Ask Experts & Get Answers to Your Questions - ASAP

General

Yahoo Messanger

Customer Question
I can not get signed...
I can not get signed onto messanger. I can get signed onto Yahoo mail. Have gotten new password XXXXX can get into yahoo mail. Just no messanger sign on.
Submitted: 11 years ago.Category: General
Answered in 1 minute by:
7/22/2006
Expert: Munayco Law, Internet Researcher replied 11 years ago
Munayco Law
Munayco Law, Internet Researcher
Do you mean logging in to Messenger or setting up an account with Messenger?
Reply to AnswerWhiz's Post: loggin onto existing account
Thank you for the clarification.

As a matter of fact, I have been having the same problem lately. Typically, you are not able to login because Yahoo! servers are down or slow. This is Yahoo! problem on their end not yours.

I have had success login on when I deleted the old messenger program and install the updated version. After you setup the new version, I typically reboot the computer and it works for me.

This is something you can try from Yahoo! IM site;

Why can't I connect with Yahoo! Messenger?

We're
sorry to hear that you're having problems connecting to our servers.
Your Yahoo! Messenger connection information may be incorrect. Follow
these steps to configure your connection:

1. Click the "Messenger" menu in Yahoo! Messenger and select "Connection Preferences."
  2. Enable the "Firewall with no proxies" option.
  3. Select the correct Internet connection type and country from the pull-down menus.
  4. Click the "OK" button at the bottom of the window.
  5. Yahoo! Messenger will ask you if you want to sign in again with your new proxy settings. Click the "OK" button.
  6. Enter your Yahoo! ID and password XXXXX click the "Sign In" button.

The above configuration works in most situations. (However, if you
connect in this way, you won't be able to use the Voice feature.) If
this configuration doesn't work, follow these steps:

2. Enable the "No network detection" option and then click the "OK" button at the bottom of the window.
  3. Yahoo! Messenger will ask you if you want to sign in again with your new proxy settings. Click the "OK" button.
  4. Enter your Yahoo! ID and password XXXXX click the "Sign In" button.

If neither of the above options work, you're probably behind a
firewall or proxy server that requires you to enter its address. Follow
these steps:

2. Enable the "Use proxies" option.
  3. Enter your firewall or proxy server's address and port number.
    Contact your network administrator (if you're at work), or your
    Internet service provider (if you're at home) to determine the correct
    firewall and proxy settings.
  5. Yahoo! Messenger will ask you if you want to sign in with your new proxy settings. Click the "OK" button.

If you try all of the steps above and Yahoo! Messenger still can't
connect, contact your network administrator, Internet Service Provider
(ISP), or the person who initially set up your computer to ensure that
your firewall and/or proxy settings are correct.

Here are the FAQ regarding connection problems.

Reply to AnswerWhiz's Post: so this is not me it is the server. Correct? Thank you. Do I owe for this information. This is new to me
You are most welcome. Typically, if I have helped you with your answer, it is customary to accept the answer which then your deposit will be credited for the service.

Thank you for asking a question that everyone has problems understanding from time to time.

Munayco Law
Munayco Law, Internet Researcher
Munayco Law
Munayco Law
Munayco Law, Internet Researcher