General

Ask Experts & Get Answers to Your Questions - ASAP

General

I keep getting e-mails from people that say something about ...

Customer Question
I keep getting e-mails from...
I keep getting e-mails from people that say something about 10,12,... people have read my profile or they have read something but I don't know who they are. the number keeps adding up 15,20 and so forth have read my profile. I don't know what this means, or how to respond to it or what the reseoning is for this type of message,Would you please respond and let me know if I can find out who these people are, or what is the purpose of receiving these kind of messages.
Submitted: 12 years ago.Category: General
12/5/2005
Expert: John D, BS Degree in Engineering. replied 12 years ago
John D
John D, BS Degree in Engineering.
It is most likely a spam if:

1) the site mentioned is not your correct site and there is nothing in the email that correctly identifies you (your name, address, etc.)

2) the site mentioned is indeed your correct site and if on that site you have posted, or made links to, your email address (thus any visitor to the could find your email address)

In these cases you should not reply to any of them, block their email address or use filters block it, report it to your ISP and to other spam fighting agencies - if you need help in blocking email or reporting spam, let me know who your ISP and what is your mail client (outlook, yahoo webmail, etc).

If on the other hand the email has some real information about yourself and your site, and you do not recognize the sender, then I think you need to report it, in addition to the your isp and spam fighting agencies, to the Federal Communication Commission at : http://www.fcc.gov/cgb/consumers.html

Hope this helps.

John D
John D, BS Degree in Engineering.
I don't think that is a satisfing answer. I think there is a reason for it and I'm positive the correct answer is out there somewhere.I hope that I do not get chaged for this question because I feel the person that answered it does not understand what classmates objectives are. Everthing there is there for a reason and I thought just answer dealt strictly with Classmates troubleshooting and answerand I see that you canot do that for me.Thanks for your attempt to help me but you did not.Ron [email protected]

Sorry i could not help, but I think you need to clarify your question in order to enable experts provide the satisfying answer. Good luck.

Reply to John D.'s Post: I do not think you understand what classmates is and it's purpose. If you did I think you would have come up with a better answer if not the correct answer. It is not spam or any other thing that does not directly to classmate. I thought you understood and dealt strickly with classmates information but I see that you don't.Thats ok, I'm not critisizing you but I see that your specialty is not with classmates so I don't think I will ever be able to use your services now or in the future. I hope you will be understanding enough to refund my complete ten dollars and I will be discontinuing my membership with you because you are not there for what my needs will be now or in the future.Thanks for your time. Sincerly, Ron [email protected] rbookercc5b86da21

What 10 dollars! In fact you have not even paid a cent. Maybe you need to check your account properly before throwing accusations. Anyway your courtesy is enough in lieu of any payment.

I'm Sorry, I thought I read that ten dollars was in my account for two question. Excuse me but I am very computer illiterate. Please accept my appology.      Ron    [email protected]
no problem.
Expert: Stephen, The Lone Coder replied 12 years ago
Stephen
Stephen, The Lone Coder
You have a profile on Classmates.com. When other
people look at your profile on Classmates.com that site keeps track of
that information. They are informing you that X number of people
have looked at your profile on that website.

This helps you to know how many people are interested in where you are and what you are doing.

As far as John's answer :

This site can help you on a wide variety of subjects - and he could
have and would have helped you with this particular question had you :

1. been more specific - perhaps even mentioning that these emails were coming from Classmates.com

2. Not been insulting and some what rude in your response back to him.

Hope this helps. Please hit the ACCEPT.

In responce to my last question, I was also asking if there was any way of finding out who was visiting my website just for my information or to respond back to them.   Thanks again for your consideration.    [email protected]
Not likely - unless they posted information to you, the websites
privacy policy would protect thier information being given to you.

Thank you for the accept, and thanks also to Stephen for his explanatory comment.
John D
John D
John D, BS Degree in Engineering.