General

religion

Customer Question
with all the evidence of...
with all the evidence of evolution from the dino's to the humans moreover, concerning all the evidence of the evolution of humans from the Apes, how can or how do religions explain there belief that god made the world in seven days with humans as well as animails? I guess I want to know how anyone can ingnore fossile evidence?... Read full answer
with all the evidence of evolution from the dino's to the humans moreover, concerning all the evidence of the evolution of humans from the Apes, how can or how do religions explain there belief that god made the world in seven days with humans as well as animails? I guess I want to know how anyone can ingnore fossile evidence?
Submitted: 13 years ago.Category: General
9/15/2005
Expert: Karen, Mom replied 13 years ago
Karen
Karen, Mom
In a way this is a question more so than an answer....How long is a day to God? To us, it's 24 hours...in the beginning, we don't know how long God considered a day. Remember, people wrote the Bible, and God may have had to put the story of creation into something they could comprehend. The written language didn't come around for quite sometime, so the story had to be passed on verbally until it was written. I'm a Christian myself and I believe in God and that Jesus is my Lord and Savior, and I set great store by the lessons one can learn from the Bible, but I also attribute that there could be human error in it.
Expert: Stephen, The Lone Coder replied 13 years ago
Stephen
Stephen, The Lone Coder
Fossile evidence does not need to be ignored to have a firm belief in creation.

Dinosaurs did exist, that is a well proven fact, it does not automatically prove evolution though.

The bible does not teach that the earth was created in 7 literal days
(meaning 7 24 hour periods). In fact it teaches that a day, in
god's sight can seem as a thousand years in man's sight.

Belief in creation, does however, preclude a belief in evolution.
So you have to weigh the facts, for yourself, and come to a conclusion.

Expert: Jack Scotty, Sales replied 13 years ago
Jack Scotty
Even the most studious of scientists admit that there are flaws and gaps in the evolutionary chain from the fish that jumped out of the water and grew legs and eventually became man.

Even though some theologists would ignore evidence of the dinosaurs the bible clearly indicates that they existed. And if someone made a first hand account of these beings, that also proves that mankind was around at the same time that dinosaurs existed.
Still looking for an answer to your question? 
Similar Q&As
Is there a rabbi there or someone with knowledge about
is there a rabbi there or someone with knowledge about jewish beliefs?1. What are the differences between the jewish Old Testament and the christian? I am confused. I though they were the same? Do jew… read more
Michael
Michael
Librarian,
Some universities offer degrees in "Religious Studies." Who
Some universities offer degrees in "Religious Studies." Who do the professors, experts, and scholars of Religious Studies say is the one true God? Or are they in agreement on more than one true God? I… read more
Marcy
Marcy
Attorney At Law,
Doctor of Law w/ highest honors
In the book titled "The Last Days of Pompeii," the character
In the book titled "The Last Days of Pompeii," the character named Abarces admits to the character named Apaecides that their priests don't really believe in the gods, but they deceive the public abou… read more
Michael
Michael
Librarian,
Stop searching for answers—
At our church we currently have a family, who are e
At our church we currently have a family, who are e experiencing great sickness, cancer, and every week they ask for prayers during our joys and concerns: I will try to ask the question correctly. Is … read more
Mr Abbott: What happened to my questioon about the Kingdom
Mr Abbott: What happened to my questioon about the Kingdom of God asked on 10/22? S/ RexPaulsen… read more
Dr. August Abbott
Dr. August Abbott
Etiquette consultant,
I want to know if i will remarry soon to a Pakistani? my birth
I want to know if i will remarry soon to a Pakistani? my birth is 03.08.1985 born NJ FRI 5:35pm live in Orlando, fl my name azza lisa marie stone… read more
Get a personalized answer to your question. 
Do you believe the website http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/False%20Religions/false_prophets
Do you believe the website http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/False%20Religions/false_prophets.htm. is accurate? Be sure to have the volume on your computer on when you check this website out. Can one bel… read more
SpecialistMichael
SpecialistMichael
Whats the difference between a Unitarian Universalist and
What's the difference between a "Unitarian Universalist" and a "Universalist?" How are they defined?… read more
Anna
Anna
Retired Teacher/Biologist,
Religion question from either a non-believer or a believer.
Religion question from either a non-believer or a believer. Go all the way back. Okay, so the big bang happened, but where did the matter come from that created the big bang? In other words, how is/wa… read more
Dr. August Abbott
Dr. August Abbott
Etiquette consultant,
If God could see the future then he knew Adam and Eve would
If God could see the future then he knew Adam and Eve would sin. Why would he let that happen if he knew the consequences would affect their offspring that were not present during that time?… read more
Do I qualify as a Deist I believe Christ was the son of God
Do I qualify as a Deist? I believe Christ was the son of God and died on the cross for the sins of mankind, as well as in the existence of heaven & hell. But, in terms of Christian influence on my spi… read more
Lucy
Lucy
Is it common for a single stone to made into a type of picture
Is it common for a single stone to made into a type of picture rock? Not carved, rather fused with a type of shell, possibly oyster shell, in the shape of an animal(deer) on top of a a type of sand st… read more
Stop searching for answers—
about the seven happy gods from japan the box is from kitagawa
about the seven happy gods from japan the box is from kitagawa ivory daito ku.tokyo pho.#87-5907… read more
Cher
Cher
Educator-40+ yrs,
Masters Degree
hello i have made my own demomination. I call myself a severion
hello i have made my own demomination. I call myself a severion which means iam very critical and take the bible literally i believe iam glorified in the knowledge that good will conquer evil and iam … read more
C.Fortunato
C.Fortunato
The question of why we are here. That question is for the th
The question of why we are here. That question is for the theologens and will never be answered concisely. Some say we are here by the grace of God and devine creation. Some beleive that we are the pr… read more
danny541
danny541
Retired,
Im a close homoexual, but i am a priest. I feel as if im
Im a closet homoexual, but i am a priest. I feel as if im living a lie. But i feel if i pursue my career serving god as a known homosexual I will be rejected from heaven. What should I do?… read more
Stephen
Stephen
The Lone Coder,
In the Apostles and the Athanasian Creeds, why does it say ...
In the Apostles and the Athanasian Creeds, why does it say Jesus rose "again" from the dead? He had not died before.… read more
P. Anthony Dietrich
P. Anthony Dietrich
English Teacher,
Bachelor Degree
Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX i need your assistance
Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX and my question is... what is a free will. what is the difference between "free will" and " Determinism". why most of the religions and societies forbids free-will and cal… read more