General

Ask Experts & get answers to your questions - ASAP

Tattoo recovery

Customer Question
I just got a tattoo...
I just got a tattoo on my foot and was wondering if colloidal silver would help it heal faster and if so should I take it internally or rub it on the tat. Also, would tea tree oil also help with the healing process? What are you’re recommendations for a quick and healthy healing process?
Submitted: 13 years ago.Category: General
7/27/2004
Expert: TheMysticWave, Researcher replied 13 years ago
TheMysticWave
TheMysticWave, Researcher

Greetings:

Tea tree oil is a powerful, natural antiseptic. It is anti-fungal, anti-bacterial, anti-viral, and anti-inflammatory. 

I have read that it's okay to use Tea Tree Oil, yet a few say not to use it. Testing as indicated below is your best approach, as well you may wish to contact your tattoo artist and private physician.

HOW DO I CARE FOR MY NEW TATTOO?

How do you know which method is best for you? It depends on the type of skin you have, and how sensitive it is. I suggest you try a patch test on your skin for a week or so to see if you react to the ingredients.

The information below is for piercings and tattoos:

STEP 3: Piercing After Care

Make sure to check the oral section if you recently got a mouth piercing

GENERAL PIERCING AFTER CARE
  • DO NOT USE: Rubbing Alcohol, Hydrogen Peroxide, Triple – Antibiotic Ointment, or Ear Care Solutions. We are also recommending that you limit your use of antibacterial soaps- as they can irritate your new piercing. (AVAILABLE IN OUR STORE.)
  • Choose a mild, PH balanced cleanser, like Castile, glycerin – based, or oatmeal soaps. You can usually obtain any or all of these soaps from a grocery or health food store. Teatree oil is also a good choice. (AVAILABLE IN OUR STORE)
  • Also, use saline solution to rinse your piercing, to soothe and help it heal.
  • Cleanse your hands thoroughly before cleaning your piercing.
  • Twice daily, using a Q-tip or finger, clean your piercing with your choice of soap on both ends of the hole, working the soap in by sliding the ring or barbell through.
  • Rinse well with lots of warm water.
  • When crusty or sticky, rinse well with saline solution.
  • Saline Soaks: Soaking your piercing for several minutes daily speeds healing greatly and makes you much more comfortable. (AVAILABLE IN OUR STORE)

MOUTH / ORAL AFTER CARE
  • To care for Mouth Piercings (lips, tongues, labrets, etc.) during the first two weeks, rinse often with antiseptic mouth rinse…as much as 8 – 10 times daily. Healing time for mouth piercings are approximately 2 weeks.
  • Swelling:

• During the first week, your new mouth piercing may swell (some people more than others). To alleviate the pressure you should be pierced with an overlong piece of jewelry to compensate for potential swelling.
    • In addition, you can help reduce swelling by chewing ice and avoiding hot foods/drinks. Be very careful chewing.
    • You may also choose to take an anti-inflammatory (such as ibuprofen or acetaminophen) to help reduce swelling.

Piercing After Care

Concerning collodial silver in general, it appears to be a powerful, natural antibiotic and preventative against infections. (use as spray)

You can review the links below:

www.fourwinds10.com/pdf/ PHB-colloidal-silver-05-03-03.pdf

What Exactly Is Colloidal Silver

As I'm not familiar with collodial silver on tattoos, I did some research and found that most tattoo artists provide collodial silver spray to their customers....as well, I found a personal article listed below:

Then she used antibacterial soap to clean it and sprayed colloidal silver on it. The pain went away in just a few seconds and i didn't feel anything at all. When i looked at it in the mirror it was so cute! I loved it! There was no blood, no secretions or anything. It was just red on the top. She gave me a spray bottle of colloidal silver in distilled water to use called "love my piercing." I heard that this works miracles on piercing and that it heals it in 2-4 months if you're not doing any strenuous exercising but also depending on the person.

Just got my NAVEL PIERCED!

Daith

Again, it will help to use the testing method, listed above, with the collodial silver spray if you decide to use it for this purpose.

Please take care.

Bright Blessings.

Peace, Love & Happiness,

The Mystic Wave