Genealogy

Genealogy questions? Ask a genealogist for answers ASAP

I'm having trouble finding information on my ancestry in…

I'm having trouble finding information...
I'm having trouble finding information on my ancestry in Hungary. I can get to there homes in Ohio and then it becomes a blur. I'm even having trouble confirming which Ellis Island papers are theirs. I am using ancestry.com and someone had tagged my great grandfather as a son of two people, but I could neither confirm nor deny if this was a factual tag. Any guidance on how to proceed would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
This is my family tree thus far on Ancestry.Com: https://www.ancestry.com/family-tree/tree/30845381/family
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/15/2018
A. Schuyler
A. Schuyler, Genealogist

Welcome to our site and thanks for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will do whatever I can to try to help you.

What ancestor are you trying to trace? This visual doesn't say.

Let's start with Mihaly (Michael) Takacs. It's such a common name, I don't know where to start.

When was he born and where?

He was born in Hungry, unfortunately, I don't know where. His birthday is ***** 16, 1885. He ended up settling in Plainsville, Ohio in Skiner Ave.
He died on November 18, 1961 in Painesville, Ohio.

Thanks so much. I'll see where your family takes me over the next couple of days.

He ended up settling in Painseville, Ohio on Skinner Ave not "Plainsville," so sorry for the typo.

Thanks! I saw the 1930 and 1940 censuses this morning.

Since Helen was born about 1916, I'm browsing marriage records for Lake County 1910-1915 (there are 342 of them).

Sorry it has taken so long to get back to you on this.

There were no records of their marriage in Lake County, Ohio.

I also checked baptism records for 16 Nov 1885 and later in Hungary and did not find one.

It's so disappointing that there are no records to send you.

I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen (rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know.

Thank you!

A. Schuyler
A. Schuyler, Genealogist