Genealogy

Genealogy Questions? Ask a Genealogist for Answers ASAP

Genealogy

How can I find in ORANGE COUNTY CALIFORNIA a MARRIAGE

Customer Question
second opinion] How can I...
second opinion] How can I find in ORANGE COUNTY CALIFORNIA a MARRIAGE CERTIFICATE
Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Genealogy
1/4/2018
Genealogy Expert: LegalGems, Lawyer replied 1 month ago
LegalGems
LegalGems, Lawyer

Hello! I will be reviewing your question and posting a response momentarily; if you have any follow up questions please respond here. Thanks!

Unfortunately in CA marriage certificates are private so one would need to have "standing" to obtain a certificate; if one has standing (ie they were a party to the marriage) they may file a request here:

http://www.ocrecorder.com/services/records/marriage

Here is a comprehensive list of who is entitled to a copy of the certificate:

http://www.ocrecorder.com/services/records

Otherwise the only way to get a copy would be to file a motion in the local court requesting the registrar to release the certificate; one would need justification for the request (ie a valid legal purpose).

Hello again; just checking in to see how things worked out;

If you have no further questions a positive rating is most appreciated (at no additional cost to you) and allows the site to credit my account for the time spent assisting you!

if you have further questions please don't hesitate to reach out to me here on Just Answerand I will do my best to get you the requested information.
Thanks!

The above information is for educational purposes only. A consultation with a private attorney is recommended so they can apply the law to your specific facts, and suggest the best course of action. An attorney can be located here:
http://www.americanbar.org/groups/public_education/public-information/how-do-i-find-a-lawyer-.html
Terms of service can be viewed here:
http://ww2.justanswer.com/terms-service-0#information

LegalGems
LegalGems
LegalGems, Lawyer