Genealogy

Genealogy Questions? Ask a Genealogist for Answers ASAP

Genealogy

What are the Jewish roots of my name stolar? The Stolars…

Customer Question
What are the Jewish...

What are the Jewish roots of my name stolar?

Expert's Assistant: I did a little digging into my family history: we have a lot of dead eccentric Brits in our family tree. I hope you find some fascinating characters in yours. Please tell me everything you can so the Genealogist can help you best.

The Stolars came from the Carpathian Mountain range area. Grandfather was named Steve and lived in Yorkton Saskatchewan.

Expert's Assistant: Is there anything else the Genealogist should be aware of?

My father's name is William.

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Genealogy
12/14/2017
Genealogy Expert: A. Schuyler, Genealogist replied 2 months ago
A. Schuyler
A. Schuyler, Genealogist

Welcome to our site and thanks for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will do whatever I can to try to help you.

Is your family Jewish?

Surnames don't have religions, so you can't really tell anything about one's religion by their name. For instance, there are lots of Jewish people named Smith, and lots of Christians also.

When and where was Steve (Steven?) Stolar born?

The Carpathian Mountain Range stretches close to 1000 miles spread through most of Central and Eastern Europe. It's a little further than driving from Saskatoon to Vancouver or from Montreal to Thunder Bay.

A. Schuyler
A. Schuyler
A. Schuyler, Genealogist