Genealogy

Genealogy questions? Ask a genealogist for answers ASAP

The reason is to try and find Sidney Montgomery born

Customer Question
The reason is to...

The reason is to try and find Sidney Ronald Montgomery born 14/08/1910 died 26/12/1959 there is no birth certificate for him,want to know is parents name any other children,he was given up to foster parents Annie Stewart and William Goodall of brays creek were Sidney went to school in 1922/23

Expert's Assistant: The Genealogist will know what to do. Is there anything else the Genealogist should be aware of?

I just need answers I just don't know what else to do

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Genealogy
12/5/2017
Genealogy Expert: Brendan Joseph, Consultant replied 7 months ago
Brendan Joseph
Brendan Joseph, Consultant

Hello there,

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is***** will be researching your question today.

Brendan

Hello there,

I have checked the birth record's for Australia, no birth record turns up.

He did marry:

His father's name may be on his marriage certificate

First name(s) Sidney Ronald

Last name Montgomery

Registration year 1937

Registration number 1937/B027384

Marriage date 01 Feb 1937

Spouse's first name(s) Emma Evelyn Louise

Spouse's last name Corten

State Queensland

Country Australia

Record set Queensland Marriages 1829-1939

CategoryLife Events (Birth, Marriage, Death)

SubcategoryCivil Marriage & Divorce

Collections fromAustralia & New Zealand

Brendan

Hi Brendon's,
He only has Annie Stewart and William Goodall as foster parents on his marriage certificate..
Can you see if george Mortimer montgomery had any other children please also Annie Price...Or can you see how many boy babies born on either dates of the 14/08/1909/10/11 I can search out the names maybe...I really don't know what I am doing I thank you for your help
Cheers
Lyn montgomery

Hi Lynn,

Most births give the fathers full name, this one does not:

Where do you think Sidney may have been born?

Name:Arthur W Montgomery

Birth Date:1910

Birth Place:New South Wales

Registration Year:1910

Registration Place:Burwood, New South Wales, Australia

Father:Montgomery

Mother:Ethel

Registration Number:24637

Brendan

Hi Lynn,

Please mark this question as answered, otherwise I do not get paid.

Thank you

Brendan