Genealogy

Genealogy questions? Ask a genealogist for answers ASAP

I need to know how many children Mortimer montgomery

Customer Question
I need to know how...
I need to know how many children george Mortimer montgomery had...born 1834...died 22/9/1924...aged 86
Married Annie price 1888
Annie price born 1862...died 16/9/32 aged 70
Had a daughter Kathleen born 1891 and died 1893
Was there any mention of a son either between george and Annie or Annie herself
Thank you
Lyn montgomery
Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Genealogy
12/5/2017
Genealogy Expert: Brendan Joseph, Consultant replied 6 months ago
Brendan Joseph
Brendan Joseph, Consultant

Hello there,

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is***** will be researching your question today.

George M married Louisa Tapp in London 1870, He married Annie Price 1888.

His father is recorded as George Montgomery deceased

The banns were read for the marriage to Louisa 1866.

I believe this is him 1881 in London:

Name:George Montgomery

Age:32

Estimated birth year:abt 1849

Relationship to Head:Head

Spouse:Louisa Montgomery

Gender:Male

Where born:St.Thomas Island, West Indies

Civil Parish:Poplar

County/Island:London

Country:England

Street address*****

Marital Status:Married

Education:
Employment status:

View image

Occupation:Ships Cook

Registration district:Poplar

ED, institution, or vessel:7

Neighbors:View others on page

Piece:506

Folio:5

Page Number:4

Household Members:

NameAge

George Montgomery32

Louisa Montgomery30

George Montgomery12

Elizabeth Montgomery9

Charles Montgomery6

Louisa Montgomery4

Australian Gaol description and entrance books:

Name:George Montgomery

Birth Place:West Indies

Arrival Year:1884

Arrival Country:Australia

Vessel Arrived In:Carisbrook Castle

Date of Admission/Photo:Apr 1894

Gaol:Parramatta

Gaol Location:North Parramata, New South Wales, Australia

Record Type:Description Book

Brendan

That was a great find but I need george Mortimer info on his death or marriage to Annie price...my main search is to find Sidney Ronald Montgomery 14/8/1910. to 26/12/1959 there is no birth record of him at all.i have a book given to him on his 8 th birthday from his mother signed mrs montgomery of Sefton park nsw...Sidney was fostered out to a Annie Stewart and her son William Goodall of Brays creek where Sidney went to school in 1922/23...we are not sure if there was only one montgomery family in that area at that time...Annie if that is Sidney's mother became very ill in 1917 because she placed an add in the local paper or Sydney telegraph thanking everyone for their help...I believe that at that time this is where Annie gave up Sidney to Annie Stewart and he was taken to Brays creek nsw.that is if it is the right family,your help in this will be fantastic
Thank you looking forward to your findings
Have a wonderful day
Lyn montgomery

Hi Lynn,

George married Annie Price in 1888 he died in 1903

I am attaching his marriage record and coroners report.

I believe he took his own life, he could not be the father of Sidney.

Annie Price was born 1861, she would have been 50 in 1910

Brendan

Hi Lyn,

Name:Florence Montgomery

Birth Date:1890

Birth Place:New South Wales

Registration Year:1890

Registration Place:Burwood, New South Wales, Australia

Father:George M Montgomery

Mother:Annie

Registration Number:8982

Name:Cathleen A Montgomery

Birth Date:1891

Birth Place:New South Wales

Registration Year:1891

Registration Place:Parramatta, New South Wales, Australia

Father:George M Montgomery

Mother:Annie

Registration Number:10672

Brendan