Genealogy

Genealogy questions? Ask a genealogist for answers ASAP

I am trying to trace my mothers family. When I typed in her…

Customer Question
I am trying to...

I am trying to trace my mothers family. When I typed in her Fathers Name ***** ***** born 1859 the 1860 census came up showing he was 1 year old and his fathers name was Ozwell Smith born 1875 England. There are many Ozwell Smith in England. We have to have the Town for additional help.

Expert's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your computer? And the Operating System (OS)?

Lenoro and I don,t the operating system.

Expert's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your computer? What have you tried so far?

I don,t knw what your talking about.

Expert's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

I will type it again I was tring to trace bac mt Mothers family and I enter her father ***** ***** born 1859 . The 1860 census came up showing he was 1 Year ld. It showed his father was Ozwell Sith born 1850 in England. that was great until I tried to Ttrace but there are many Ozwll Smith bon n 1850. I need the town.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Genealogy
12/3/2017
Genealogy Expert: A. Schuyler, Genealogist replied 4 months ago
A. Schuyler
A. Schuyler, Genealogist

Welcome to our site and thanks for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will do whatever I can to try to help you.

First of all I need some help understanding what you have written:

"...When I typed in her Fathers Name ***** ***** born 1859 the 1860 census came up showing he was 1 year old and his fathers name was Ozwell Smith born 1875 England. There are many Ozwell Smith in England. We have to have the Town for additional help....

If ***** ***** were born in 1859, his father could not have been born in 1875 (i.e. 17 years afterwards).

Then the second time you wrote:

"... I will type it again I was tring to trace bac mt Mothers family and I enter her father ***** ***** born 1859 . The 1860 census came up showing he was 1 Year ld. It showed his father was Ozwell Sith born 1850 in England. that was great until I tried to Ttrace but there are many Ozwll Smith bon n 1850. I need the town...."

Also, if ***** ***** was 1 in the 1860 census (i.e. born 1859), his father could not have been in 1850 because a 9 year old cannot father a child.

Let's start over. We have plenty of time.

Where did you find ***** ***** in the 1860 census?

Was his mother with the family? Did he have siblings?

Who did Walter marry, when and where?

What is his middle name?

Can you clear up the above discrepancies so I can begin to research your question?

A. Schuyler
A. Schuyler
A. Schuyler, Genealogist