Genealogy

Genealogy questions? Ask a genealogist for answers ASAP

I am looking for Quinlan. abt 1828 married to Honora?. She…

Customer Question
I am looking for...

I am looking for Patrick Quinlan b. abt 1828 married to Honora?. She is my direct maternal grandmother and her mtdna is H3c2b and matched a woman named Catherine Keefe b. 1851 whose family was from Kilmallock. I would like to find Patrick's Quinlan family and Honora's. They arrived in NY the Last of January 1849 and lived in Dayton and in Kalamazoo, Michigan. How do I go about finding them. I have looked at immigration records and have a few guesses but now with dna I have the Kilmallock lead.

Expert's Assistant: The Genealogist will know what to do. Is there anything else the Genealogist should be aware of?

Catherine Keefe's (mtdna H3c2b) father is John Keefe b. 1808 and her mother is Honora Quinlan b. 1819 d. 1904. in Kilmallock but I do not know the townland. That is all I know.

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Genealogy
9/11/2017
Genealogy Expert: A. Schuyler, Genealogist replied 9 months ago
A. Schuyler
A. Schuyler, Genealogist

Welcome to our site and thanks for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will do whatever I can to try to help you.

Where is your reply to my question and the information I supplied you?

You wrote: "...I am looking for Patrick Quinlan b. abt 1828 married to Honora?..."

Does that mean you don't know if his wife's name was Honora or not?

Genealogy research can take hours to days to complete, so I hope you weren't looking for an instant answer.

I do not know Honored maiden name. I do not want to spend any more money. I am already nervous about my credit card. I supplied you two sections of info..do you have an answer. Calling you will be more money.

You can completely ignore the telephone call request. It is computer generated, and while a phone call might be useful for a problem with a computer, it is totally useless for genealogy which takes hours of work to complete.

You wrote: "...I supplied you two sections of info..do you have an answer. ..."

Naturally I don't have an answer until I have time to do the research, which can take hours to days to complete. Your funds are held in escrow with Just Answer until I have had time to provide and answer and you accept it.

Those of us providing answers at JustAnswer are independent contractors and have little information about the financial side of JA, except that we aren't paid one cent for our work until the customer accepts an answer. JustAnswer does have an A+ rating with the BBB, so you need not be nervous about them.

I will see what I can find in the records about Patrick Quinlan. You will get an email when I have had time to do the research.

Please cancel. I am not happy.

I am sorry you aren't happy. I was really looking forward to working on this. You can always expect genealogy research to take hours of time since a genealogist has to consult as many as a dozen databases to try to find out the information desired.

I have no control over whatever financial arrangements a customer has with Just Answer. You can contact their customer service at(###) ###-####to cancel the question and receive a refund of whatever deposit you made with them.