Genealogy

Genealogy questions? Ask a genealogist for answers ASAP

My Grandfathers name was Herman Zimmermann who emigrated to…

Customer Question
Hi My Grandfathers name...

Hi My Grandfathers name was Herman Zimmermann who emigrated to South Africa in the mid 1800's.

Expert's Assistant: The Genealogist will know what to do. Please tell me everything you can so the Genealogist can help you best.

I am seeking to know more about his family who lived in Hahn Hesse The Fathers name was Caspar Zimmerman can you help. He had several sisters and brothers who also emigrated from Germany but apparently not to South Affica

Expert's Assistant: Is there anything else the Genealogist should be aware of?

I have many bits and pieces of my Grandfathers life in South Africa (Kimberly) but know next to nothing about his family in Germany

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Genealogy
9/10/2017
Genealogy Expert: A. Schuyler, Genealogist replied 11 months ago
A. Schuyler
A. Schuyler, Genealogist

Welcome to our site and thanks for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will do whatever I can to try to help you.

Do you know when he was born"

Who did he marry, when and where?

Do you know his mother's name?

There were several Caspar Zimmermans in Hesse in the early-mid 1800s and Hermann was a recurring name in all of the families, so it will require a bit more information to be sure we have the right one.